Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i recently installed a anodized gold pickguard on my squier strat...however i m getting feedback problems

i pop on the pickguard....i notice it doesnt have any foil or other sort of sheilding...and the guitar will constant ring..or weee at high gain, vol or distortion...

i took it to a guitar tech...he said its becaz teh pickguard is ringing back the sound of the pickup and he said thers nothin i could do but change back to a plastic pickguard...

well...the thing is ..i know there are people out there who uses those anodized pickguards...but how can i elminate the feedback problem?...i really like it better than plastic pickguards...

plus..there are few screws are not screwed on properly caz of the wrong hole placement...i believe that worsten the feedback problem.....

but anyone got any solution to the problem other thn changing back to plastic pickguards???

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no..i havn't....i m not skilled to do it myself....and the guitar tech thinks the anodized pickguard needs no shielding since he said aluminium is the best shield already....so he refuses to do any shielding on it
..so i m pretty much screwed alone here

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rich said:
As the tech said, the aluminum is it's own shielding. I'm not sure the pickup hasn't gone microphonic on you.
its pretty microphonic now..at this stage
almost can talk to the guitar.
so whats your suggestion ?...any solutions?..change pickups?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all of them feedback i believe
while the bridge and neck is the worst
if i switch to position 2 and 4, it will lower the feedback problem
while i play something...there wouldnt be any feedback..but once i try to hold a note or not play anythign on the guitar..it will just weeee its way to the max

·
Registered
291 Posts
This sounds crazy, but try placing a piece of foam under the strings between the nut and tuners. The pickups seem extra sensitive and maybee are picking up sympathetic vibrations. You could also try using small tubing for ajusting pickup heights rather than springs. Does this happen when your running through a clean amp?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the tech n i thought about placing foam under the pickguard but he said he wouldnt help much..but i still like to experiment on it

whn i run throught clean amps...the sounds fine...except..it still sounds microphonic....it only wees when run through distortion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.