Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been playing for a long time but I've never been a gearhead so here's my question.
I just borrowed a JCM2000 TSL from a friend and I want to plug it in a fender DT-412 4X12 cabinet.
The TSL has one 16 ohms output, and two parallel outputs that you can switch to either 4 ohms or 8 ohms.
The fender cabinet is 8 ohms 300 watts with two parallel inputs.
My first thought is to connect one of the parallel ouputs with the selector on 8 ohms, to one of the inputs of the cabinet.
If I had two 8 ohms cabinets, I would connect each output of the TSL with the selector on 4 ohms, to each cabinet.
Let me know if I got this right first.
Now I just don't understand what these 2 parallel inputs on the cabinet are for.
Is it like for stereo ?

Also I'm thinking of purchasing either a Marshall TSL or a Mesa dual or triple rectifier. I'm a lot into Vai, Satch etc, but I also play in a cover band and I need a versatile amp so I can play any style of rock from the 60's to current heavy rock. Which one do you guys think I should get ?

Thanks in advance,

Vince

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
vinccenzzo said:
My first thought is to connect one of the parallel ouputs with the selector on 8 ohms, to one of the inputs of the cabinet.
That's right.

vinccenzzo said:
Now I just don't understand what these 2 parallel inputs on the cabinet are for.
Is it like for stereo ?
It is a way of chaining several cabs together, unless the cab is specifically wired to be used in stereo, but then the input would say "stereo" not "parallel".

vinccenzzo said:
Also I'm thinking of purchasing either a Marshall TSL or a Mesa dual or triple rectifier. Which one do you guys think I should get ?
Both good amps - go try them, only you can answer this question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts