Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mobo built-in sound card (good old sound blaster compatible), is usually not the first choice for audio recording. You can use it but may run into latency problems (delay caused by analog-digital signal conversion) and in general you may suffer with overall sound quality. You are also limited in number of inputs which in this case - only one.

If you haven't done it before, you can try recording with it, but many people go straight to buying a separate PCI audio card for better performance and quality.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David Ho said:
Mobo built-in sound card (good old sound blaster compatible), is usually not the first choice for audio recording. You can use it but may run into latency problems (delay caused by analog-digital signal conversion) and in general you may suffer with overall sound quality. You are also limited in number of inputs which in this case - only one.

If you haven't done it before, you can try recording with it, but many people go straight to buying a separate PCI audio card for better performance and quality.
sounds good ill try it and then buy a creative labs sound card. not a problem. anything else i should know

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't advise you to get a Sound Blaster card, because it's pretty much similar to the built-in card on your mobo. Try the motherboard built-in audio first and see if you like the results. I suppose new motherboards have better soundcards these days... If it works for you, no need to spend the cash, right?

I tried it before (long time ago) with a SB32 but I ended up buying an Echo Darla (discontinued now). You can find those cheap on auction sites. But of course the best way is to buy the latest stuff (better technology): M-Audio, Echo, Audiophile and a whole bunch of other vendors out there makes great inexpensive cards. Check other threads on jemsite because many people posted this subject before. Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts