Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I f-ing HATE spiders! When I was stationed in New Mexico, I had to deal with Tarantulas, Black Widows, and Brown Recluses. When I was in Asia, I had to deal with Banana spiders--those things are huge! I once saw one out my window that was so big and nasty, it had a switchblade knife and a tatoo that said MUTHA.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I f#cking LOVE spiders... really really would love to get a bird eating spider as a pet...but need to get the right licence to be able to do so.......once my goldfish pass onto the next life, the 4ft tank will be converted to a spider tank. Spiders are beautiful fascinating creatures that demand respect.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I f#cking LOVE spiders... really really would love to get a bird eating spider as a pet...but need to get the right licence to be able to do so.......once my goldfish pass onto the next life, the 4ft tank will be converted to a spider tank. Spiders are beautiful fascinating creatures that demand respect.
if you do that then you better post pics:D oh and i agree spiders are pretty cool :twisted:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
(not sewer) rats make great pets!!! and i like snakes, just not spiders. theyre the worst of the worst haha and brown recluses are the worst i think. i mean, theyre venom rots your flesh (so f#cking metal!!)!! have you ever seen the mini documentary about this one family that harvests (right word?) black widow venom for medical research or something and they just let theyre spiders ROAM THE HOUSE!!! they had a 3 year old daughter that had black widows all over her and she was playin with them and she was laughing and having a great time!! the parents were too. apparently they think theyre safe. shes going to be one of those girls who walks through the scariest haunted houses on earth and just strolls on through like a walk in the park haha

·
Super Moderator
7,430 Posts
(not sewer) rats make great pets!!! and i like snakes, just not spiders. theyre the worst of the worst haha and brown recluses are the worst i think. i mean, theyre venom rots your flesh (so f#cking metal!!)!! have you ever seen the mini documentary about this one family that harvests (right word?) black widow venom for medical research or something and they just let theyre spiders ROAM THE HOUSE!!! they had a 3 year old daughter that had black widows all over her and she was playin with them and she was laughing and having a great time!! the parents were too. apparently they think theyre safe. shes going to be one of those girls who walks through the scariest haunted houses on earth and just strolls on through like a walk in the park haha
Hopefully she will be, or the one who doesn't see the truck...

Life is about risk assessment, risk is the product of hazard and exposure. I cannot help but feel that a small child no matter how well parented should not be routinely handling those types of creatures.

Just ask Steve Irwin...

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
im not fussed on spiders.when i was a kid i was playing in a feild with freinds,all of a sudden i felt this titanic pain in my back,i whipped my shirt off double quick screaming in agony and there was a small spider biting my back,my mate flicked it off using a stick,the thing was very small but man ill never forget the pain,theres still a small lump on my back where it bit me.spiders ??? think ill pass lol.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hopefully she will be, or the one who doesn't see the truck...

Life is about risk assessment, risk is the product of hazard and exposure. I cannot help but feel that a small child no matter how well parented should not be routinely handling those types of creatures.

Just ask Steve Irwin...
awwwwww too soon!!! no but i agree, she really should at least be taught that those things are killers. and lets hope shes not the one who doesnt see the truck

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
One morning I woke up open my eyes head on the side and there is a huge spider on my bed about 10cm away from nose. Literally the first thing I saw when my eyes opened for the first time that morning was a massive hand like spider... I was 10... since that day, I kinda farking hate them :p

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
if you do that then you better post pics:D oh and i agree spiders are pretty cool :twisted:
Yeah will do! :cool:
I used to have 4 red back spiders in a tank when i was 12yrs old....found them on our block of land when we were building a new house. Feeding time was intense.....red backs can be pretty violent when it comes to their own survival. Nothing stands in their way...not even other spiders.
But...thanks to my mum.....they didnt survive......she emptied what was probably a full can of bug spray in the tank!!!! Was pretty shattered! :(

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'm not arachnophobic, although I have a healthy respect for them and don't like to share my living space with them. I trap them under a glass, slide a card underneath, and show them the door.

But the world would be seriously diminished without them. More of us would die from disease carried by their prey-- mosquitoes and flies.

They are truly amazing creatures. If we had their abilities, we could instantly create super-strong climbing rope from our bodies, climb skyscrapers as fast as we can run. The bolo spider makes a sticky thread and then swings it through the air to nap its prey! Mad respect, yo.

Peace

Mike

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I used to find all those types of creature unpleasant. Spiders, wasps, snakes, rats etc etc.

I started working outdoors on a tree nursery about 20 years ago, and to be honest I either trodden on or had one these crawling on me almost every day since then. Although I admit the first time I saw a snake in the wild was a bit of a shock.

I actually like spiders, and I really do live and let live with them, unless they are really big they are allowed to stay in the house unmolested. I think it is a good way to avoid kids being scared of them of you don't act bothered yourself.

There was one spider living in the house last year that was big (for the UK anyway) and he was living around where my son keeps his toys. So I put him outside, and bugger me if he didn't come back in the next day. I am afraid that I decided that he need to be removed permanently by being flushed down the loo. So I put him on the bowl and flushed with the lid closed. Unfortunately it didn't work the first time and he tried to climb back out pretty vigourously as I lifted up the seat. Anywa,y a bop with the brush and a second flush and he was down, but how I didn't scream like a girl as it was scrabbling up the dunnie I will never know.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
whether they're dangerous or not, just the shape of the legs terrorizes me, especially the big and hairy ones. this applies to whatever "arachnoid" shaped beings, like scorpions, lobsters, centipedes, like the one below:

oh my gawd...

the only arachno-shaped beings i'm not terrorized of are crabs, i like them, don't know why.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I like spiders and shun people that kill them,mainly for the fact of it's due to spiders that most houses aren't overtaken by bugs and rodents.yeah some of them can cause you serious harm,but keep away from them and you'll be fine.duuuhhhhh,lol :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.