Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Do you think the Ibanez essentials series are a good value?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t care because there are other makes/models in this price range

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought and AZES31 in Ivory finish. I was so impressed with it that I ordered another one in Vermillion red.

I also ordered an AZES40 and it was impressive. I wound up giving it to my one and only guitar buddy as a Christmas Present.

The 2 AZES31’s that I have get played a good amount. They are a lot of bang for the buck, as they are less than 300 dollars new. I really like the sound those guitars make, and the fact they are SSS just like the first guitar I ever had, which was an Ibanez RS 100, back in 1983/1984.

Do any of you have an Ibanez Essentials guitar. SSS or HSS? If so, tell me about it As I am interested in your opinions on these guitars.
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory Guitar accessory
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument String instrument accessory

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't, but have been following your posts on the subject.

Have some cool aftermarket parts to use for upgrading a bolt on. Been wondering about this model, along with a cheapie Kramer.

How were the frets on yours? Did you do a level and crown right away?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Have some cool aftermarket parts to use for upgrading a bolt on. Been wondering about this model, along with a cheapie Kramer.

I did some work on them, as there were a couple of slightly proud frets. But the frets them selves were smooth out of the box. I just had to tweak the truss rod a little, after a couple of days. That said, I could have played a gig with the guitar, the way it came, out of the box.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did some work on them, as there were a couple of slightly proud frets. But the frets them selves were smooth out of the box. I just had to tweak the truss rod a little, after a couple of days. That said, I could have played a gig with the guitar, the way it came, out of the box.
Wow
Can't ask for more than that, especially at the price point.

Further investigation to follow.

I will report back in a couple of days, but I'm thinking there's one on the horizon........

·
Administrator
7,567 Posts
Are they good value? Yes, almost certainly.

Do I have one? No, they're not guitars that I've any interest in. I'd rather pay a bit more and get something a little more visually enticing, even if it's not actually much of a "better" guitar! I'm vain like that ;)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I really like the SSS with the Hardtail. It just feels right. Both the 31 and 40 feel equally nice on the necks, and I was able to get the trem to stay in tune after dive bombing the 40.

There are a few floating around on reverb.

If the come out with more colors I might possibly get another 31.

These are some of my “play at the bar” guitars. I won’t take anything that I paid more that 600 bux for out to the bar, because of, you know, drunks.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Well, the Kramer Baretta Special Is a great deal. That and, there isn’t any parts that don’t do the job. The pickup Sounds good, especially\ a Marshall.

I did have to do a level and crown, but that’s because I would have had to polish the frets as they were somewhat gritty. So it wasn’t a stretch to just go ahead and do the L&C.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, the Kramer Baretta Special Is a great deal. That and, there isn’t any parts that don’t do the job. The pickup Sounds good, especially\ a Marshall.

I did have to do a level and crown, but that’s because I would have had to polish the frets as they were somewhat gritty. So it wasn’t a stretch to just go ahead and do the L&C.
Thanks for the info.

I always figure that the lower priced guitars will need a little love and attention.

I mean at that price point they aren't spending a lot of time after manufacturing, on set ups?

Good info on the pickups. Since I'm usually playing one of my Marshalls, sounds like I would like those pickups.

That guitar would go great with one the new DSL amps........ Hmmmm.

Might have some posting to do later, after a little web surfing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I always figure that the lower priced guitars will need a little love and attention.

I mean at that price point they aren't spending a lot of time after manufacturing, on set ups?

Good info on the pickups. Since I'm usually playing one of my Marshalls, sounds like I would like those pickups.

That guitar would go great with one the new DSL amps........ Hmmmm.

Might have some posting to do later, after a little web surfing.
Wow
Forgot I even made that post. Less than eight hours later I bought my new DSL.

I have no willpower, zero, zip nada Lol.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow
Forgot I even made that post. Less than eight hours later I bought my new DSL.

I have no willpower, zero, zip nada Lol.
Yeah me too. I’ve got 4 guitars in the last few weeks, and two of them were bought from the internet this last weekend, and have yet to be delivered.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah me too. I’ve got 4 guitars in the last few weeks, and two of them were bought from the internet this last weekend, and have yet to be delivered.
Yes, I have noticed.

I think your gas might have been contagious, it's easy to happen.

I recently retired, and trying not to spend all day on the boards, but sometimes a good idea is just a good idea.

And let me tell you brotha, a new Marshall is always a good idea. Lol

Font Cartoon Door Fictional character Advertising

1 - 14 of 14 Posts