Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this question a few years ago and was met with resounding silence, but are there any electronica fans here? My playlist has been filled with the following lately:

Alpha
Aphex Twin
Autechre
Boards of Canada
Brian Eno
Morcheeba
Mu-Ziq
Prefuse73
Squarepusher

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's sort of how I like it too...I love electronica when I'm incredibly focused on something, whether it's a drawing or programming. Autechre is a personal favorite for that sort of stuff..it just sort of grows while you're working and you'll suddenly notice "this song has changed so much since the intro"

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm really into Goa Trance and also some drum n bass. I don't listen to particular artists as much as i buy mix cd's or listen to internet radio (digitally imported).

Some of the artists i do like are:

Astral Projection
Photek
LTJ Bukem
SUN Project
early Brian Eno
mid 70's era Tangerine Dream

The best example of electronica mixed with live musicians is Ozric Tentacles IMO.
peace

·
Registered
540 Posts
Electronica rocks!
......er no wait, need a more appropriate adjective...
Whatever it's great!

Aphex twin is still the best of the bunch
but i spend a lot of time listening to
Autechre
Squarepusher - (awesome bass work!)
plaid
bogdan raczynski
boom bip (well maybe its kinda hip hop)
luke vilbert, Amon Tobin (drum and bass?)

I guess some of those arent technically electronica, but i just tend to
call anything that hasnt got a guitar in it "electronic"

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I love electronica! I love Morcheeba, Chemical Brothers, Moby, Hooverphonic and Faithless, and I just discovered one of the best electronic bands EVER:

Planet Funk. THeir 2 Cds are just incredible and so soothing.

I also love Goa! Has anyone heard Skazi's version of Metallica's Seek and Destroy?!?! It's sick! ;)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
ibanezrg520kid said:
I heard so much good electonic music when i was in germany, poland and france than i have heard here in the states. No one around here really likes it.
I think everybody's doing hip-hop over there. That must be a real pain... :?

·
Registered
337 Posts
freedom's door said:
I'm really into Goa Trance and also some drum n bass. I don't listen to particular artists as much as i buy mix cd's or listen to internet radio (digitally imported).

Some of the artists i do like are:

Astral Projection
Photek
LTJ Bukem
SUN Project
early Brian Eno
mid 70's era Tangerine Dream

The best example of electronica mixed with live musicians is Ozric Tentacles IMO.
peace
Have you checked out Juno Reactor? As for live musicians mixed with electronica have you listened to any of Buckethead's non-solo stuff like El Stew and Praxis. Also his Death Cube K and Cobra Strike stuff is pretty cool.

·
Registered
337 Posts
zEr0 said:
I love electronica! I love Morcheeba, Chemical Brothers, Moby, Hooverphonic and Faithless, and I just discovered one of the best electronic bands EVER:

Planet Funk. THeir 2 Cds are just incredible and so soothing.

I also love Goa! Has anyone heard Skazi's version of Metallica's Seek and Destroy?!?! It's sick! ;)
Check out Fluke, as for Planet Funk I'll have to give them a spin.

Oh, and have an El Stew video.... Buckethead taking a break from guitar to show off his moves hehehe.

http://www.alleyjazz.net/philes/videos/Buckethead - El Stew Dance_16.mpg

·
Registered
437 Posts
dreaming_neon_black said:
Have you checked out Juno Reactor? As for live musicians mixed with electronica have you listened to any of Buckethead's non-solo stuff like El Stew and Praxis. Also his Death Cube K and Cobra Strike stuff is pretty cool.
Juno Reactor are amazing, but i prefer the older material. The last couple of albums didn't do it for me. I think they may be touring soon, and i will try and catch them.
I'll try and look into the other stuff you mentioned- thanks for the tip!!
peace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.