Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone on some forums posted a link back in March to some videos on his website (go to www.garyschutt.com and enter the site and click on GS 4 Hire to view them!) and the guy is really good, especially the Traumatized solo.

Now I am going to pick up some of his albums.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've been meaning to pick up his albums. That Traumatized clip he has on his site is just awesome. Great melody, fantastic tone. It just kills me every time I hear it.

His parody songs are great too.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
I went to college with Gary. Not only is he the most talented MoFo around, but he's also a super nice guy. Back before it was easyto do multitrack ont he computer Gary was producing amazing quality recordings on a 4-track.

I'm glad he & Kev were finally able to make the Jemfest performance happen this year - I've been pushing for it for quite sometime. I have a feeling he's going to be the toast of the Jemsite-town after his show this year.

He's able to mix chops with tastefulness and humor with little difficulty. I stayed with him once in florida a years ago - we went to his gig and he did a cool guitar solo where he sat behind the drum kit (he plays drums very well too) and did a fast 16th note thing on guitar and double-bass drums at the same time. Was pretty astounding.

Is his Rush medley on the website? It's a must-hear for any Rush fan...simply amazing.
I have it here....hopefully he won't have a problem if i sell it...i mean....send it ;) to forumites who are interested.

~Kenny

·
Registered
623 Posts
kennydoe said:
I have it here....hopefully he won't have a problem if i sell it...i mean....send it ;) to forumites who are interested.
!!

Could you just upload it to yousendit.com? If not, I'll PM you my address. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
moro said:
I've been meaning to pick up his albums. That Traumatized clip he has on his site is just awesome. Great melody, fantastic tone. It just kills me every time I hear it.

His parody songs are great too.
Yngwie B. Goode, hehe :)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kennydoe - pretty cool, ever get a guitar lesson from him? :)

I'd like to hear that Rush medley too if you can send it to me or put it on yousendit.com

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
red5 said:
kennydoe - pretty cool, ever get a guitar lesson from him? :)
No...i was strictly a keyboard player at Berklee. Didn't play guitar much at all. That came after college.

~K

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kennydoe said:
No...i was strictly a keyboard player at Berklee. Didn't play guitar much at all. That came after college.

~K
Well welcome to the bigger world of people who think with their dick! :)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got Playthings and Sentimetal in the mail last night. \m/

What I find amazing is that he recorded Playthings in his bathroom and played every instrument on the album!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts