Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I currently own an Ibanez RG570EX but have recently began playing a USA Strat. As a consequence I find I prefer the feel of the thicker Strat neck compared to the ultra-thin Ibanez neck.

Are there any Ibanez models from the super-strat range (and with 24 frets, strat-shape, and a floyd) with a more rounded, thicker neck that the one on my RG570 .

·
Registered
151 Posts
the Joe Satriani models feature a neck which in my Opinion is quite close to a traditional style Strat neck, only thing is it doesn't have 24 frets but it is firly Supersrat shaped.
The other options would be to find a J-Custom with the ULTRA neck Profile which is a little fatter then the Wizard or WizardII, or the Old RT line had the VIPER neck which was modeled after the Strat type of neck but unfortunatly they don't feature Floyds.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yeah, all of those guitars as well as the SA series. The SA necks are pretty close to strat necks, unfortunately they don't have 24 frets or a Floyd trem. But if you find one of those guitars that you like and it doesn't have a floating trem then you could always mod the guitar to support it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the response.

I know a local shop that has an RG2620 (bolt-on neck) and a JS so I'll try them out on the weekend.

I've played an RG570 for over 10 years so I'd really like to keep an Ibanez in my collection, but as I've mentioned the wizard neck just feels too thin for me these days.

·
Registered
223 Posts
All RG2620 have bolt on neck, but there's two versions. Older RG2620QM (blue and red sapelle top) with ultra neck and mahogany body and new RG2620CB (cubed blue textured finish) with baswood body and wizard neck (thinner and more D profile than Ultra).

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
SA style has some nice strat type necks, go out and play some ibanezes and get what you like. There's no better research then the hands on kind :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Find yourself a Talman TC600 series or 800 series.. They have a compound radius fretboard and feel unbeleivable

1 - 11 of 11 Posts