Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - I'm doing a very limited run of USA Charvel custom shop guitars that will be true to the version pictured below. Each guitar will include a custom leather binder with pictures taken during the guitars construction and a copy of the build sheet. They will be hand numbered and signed by Charvel/Jackson custom shop master builder, Mike Shannon. Mike is also the guy who built the original guitar, pictured below. If any of you guys are interested in owning one of these, let me know!

CLICK HERE FOR SPECS!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
[email protected]
www.mattsmusic.com

·
Registered
623 Posts
The specs say that it's going to be a three way switch. Is this correct? The middle pickup isn't wired up, if the spec is correct.

And I'm afraid to ask, but any idea on price? Thanks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're still tweaking the specs. It probably has a 5 way switch (if anyone has info about this, let me know!) and the spec list calls for black pickup rings, but there will be no rings as the guitar has a pickguard on it.

I have pricing now, so if you're interested, let me know!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
www.mattsmusic.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate any input on the specs! I could also use an original copy of the Carvin ad pictured above. I'd like to include a copy of it along with each guitar, and if possible I'm going to try and get Steve to sign each of the ads.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In Shannon's own words "Beats me, I was smoking a lot of pot back then". :D

Seriously, we'll get this as true to the original as possible. Right now the only thing in question is the selector switch, 3 way or 5 way. Unless someone knows for sure we're probably going with a 5 way.

·
Vendor
26,706 Posts
You'll have to use a regular screwdriver to carve the lions claw then ;)

Ibanez always claimed Dimarzio came up with the 5 way split coil wiring scheme for them when they were designing the JEM. Steve might know for sure though, he never smoked the stuff.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wayne isn't making the neck pocket right I can tell you that much.
His is 2 1/4" when fender standards is 2 3/16" which I think would have been used back then. And some of the old picks show it with no lion claw.

Rich said:
Wayne should know the specs as he's already done a reissue.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Jackson/Charvel know what their neck pocket specs are; this isn't a Fender. My understanding is that Charvel has always used a 2 1/4 neck pocket.
No more conversation here please. If you're interested in one of the remaining slots please contact Matt for availability.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.