Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**Any Knowledge On The RG2550 Before I Buy ?**

hey everyone, i cant just about afford a new RG2550 in galaxy black and was wondering if you can share experiences or what you've heard about it i'd be very grateful for any help including any pickup combos you'd think suit high gain playin like gilbert and vai.

thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
plays nice, i like the neck , the pickups are ok ,,,,, i changed mine to breed blue velvet and tonezone and its now awsome, the rest of the guitar is good ,, but i would say get something a little cheaper and then wack different pickups in it (hey i know when you set your heart on a guitar you will usually get it regardless)

since buying mine i have changed the pickups and am in the process of haveing it re finished, all bieng said i love my rg 2550 now and it gets played more than my jem and others.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Neader said:
hey everyone, i cant just about afford a new RG2550 in galaxy black and was wondering if you can share experiences or what you've heard about it i'd be very grateful for any help including any pickup combos you'd think suit high gain playin like gilbert and vai.

thanks
The RG2550 is the model that replaced the RG550 back in 2003. If you're a bit short on cash getting a used RG550 is might be a better option.

Regards

André

·
Registered
187 Posts
fettouhi said:
The RG2550 is the model that replaced the RG550 back in 2003. If you're a bit short on cash getting a used RG550 is might be a better option.

Regards

André
IMO, the RG550 would be a better option overrall, better trem. Edge Pro is inferior to the LoPro/Edge tbh.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Change the pickups before you even plug it in, the standard Ibanez ones are notoriously crappy and quickly turn to mush at volume!

Make sure a Wizard neck is what you REALLY need it can make certain barre chords low down the neck problematic unless you have huge hands like Vai!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.