Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played a couple S series this week. They sounded thicker, more chunky than an RG. Seemed to have a good metal tone for such a thin body. Anyone have clips of some metal songs on a S series?

·
Registered
312 Posts
the S series sound thicker than an RG because the S has a mahogany body where as most RGs are basswood, but now there are some mahogony RGs to choose from..

i think the dude from six feet under plays an S tuned to C, nice guitar sound and tone, crap band...

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've got some clips... My only electric guitar is an S520EX 2002 production model... Went thru a couple of pup changes so far... so I'll list the pups and equipment I used for the recordings. Everything is always line-in to a notebook computer with a crappy sound card.

Here's something metal...
S520EX with X2N bridge thru TS9DX --> Boss SD-2 -->Microcube

S520EX with Breeds thru Roland Microcube

Here's a song I did some time back...
S520EX with Breeds thru Marshall MG30

The other clips are found here:
http://music.download.com/Shredcows

Hope that helps... :)

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Shredcows said:
I've got some clips... My only electric guitar is an S520EX 2002 production model... Went thru a couple of pup changes so far... so I'll list the pups and equipment I used for the recordings. Everything is always line-in to a notebook computer with a crappy sound card.

Here's something metal...
S520EX with X2N bridge thru TS9DX --> Boss SD-2 -->Microcube

S520EX with Breeds thru Roland Microcube

Here's a song I did some time back...
S520EX with Breeds thru Marshall MG30

The other clips are found here:
http://music.download.com/Shredcows

Hope that helps... :)
That some serious shredding, man. Great playing and awesome tone. ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments guys...

Anyway Thrash, if you are really keen on the S series... and you want to go all metal, I would recommend you upgrade the pups to X2N bridge and Super 2 neck. For metal all the way! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.