Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the article in this months Guitar One I decided to try them out. Just got two black and two red. Looks promising though, it will take a few days to get used to but I think I'm going to like them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I like them in comfort and sound. They're akward at first, but I got used to the small profile to where using a normal teardrop pick (i.e. Dunlop Tortex) feels big and bulky. Soundwise, I dunno if it's the increased thickness from my regular .88 picks or if it's the sharper point, but it adds "punch". I use the black ones, I'll have to get some reds sometime too.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well today was the first time I've ever tried them and I must say they are extremely articulate. It will take some adjustment, but I like them. Does anyone remember those round diamond-pointed speed picks they sold in the early 90's? They came 5 in a pack and it was supposed to be used as a practice tool for shred. The JIII's remind me of them. They are almost too small for me though, and the pick moves around a bit much but I can tell that with time these would make it hard to go back to a regular pick shape.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I love my Jazz III's. AlkyHauler if you find the Jazz III are too small you can try the Jazz XL's. I personally think the XL's don't have the same feel or thickness as it's little brother. I know Guthrie uses the XL's and swears by them.
I think Jamie Humphries also uses Jazz III's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The black Stiffo Jazz 3 is the only pick I will ever use...Period.
It was crucial to my developing a soft touch..

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You talking about the stylus pick?

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=39&pmh=products/picks

Has anyone ever used a stylus pick? Is it worth it as a practice tool?
yep thats it, I still have a couple somewhere, you could tremolo pick like a banshee with those things. :) weren't too pratical as a "normal" pick but it sure gave you the feel for economy of motion. Thats one thing I really like about the jjazz III. I really want to try that XL now though because if the jIII was just a bit bigger I believe I would love it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Anyone else miss Jazz II's? I can't seem to find them anymore.
I used Jazz II's for years. Must admit i much prefer the more pointed III's.
I'm positive i saw some nylon Jazz II's in one of the music stores here. I'll have a check around, and if i find them i'll get them and post them over, if you like?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am absolutely mad for my RED Jazz III XL !!!
After a long search for a decent pick for a constant use,this is my choice!
I don't find regular jazz III convinient enough for me,because it's too small for my taste and I feel rather ankward using it...

·
Registered
152 Posts
im very picky about my picks ---- getit!!! ba dom dom dishhhhhhhhh

i can only use JD 1.00mm Nylons... the black ones... anytihng else feels wrong i buy them but the bucketload!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ah im sure you'll use em, try em at least, i cant stand the JD jazz picks i jus dont like em

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/alsfotos/guitarcrap.jpg

theres a pic of me guitar drawer beside the comp here, its just a drawer full off crap :) loadsa diff picks ive goten over time, i tihnk theres even one of jesus in there all sortsa novelty ones from all over the world n all sorta places

either way i still find the 1.00 nyons most comfy and easiest to use

1 - 20 of 103 Posts