Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to rewire an RG565 and I've been getting nowhere so far; the original OTAX VLX91 switch was broken and I've got another, but I can't make heads or tails of how to wire it and the schematics I've found don't really match what I've got to work with. Guitar has stock pickups and pots I think, but the wiring has definitely already been messed with a couple times before so it all needs to be redone.

If anyone knows how these guitars were wired originally, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you looked at the Ibanez site for diagrams?
Yep, I checked there with no success... looks like their diagrams only go back to 1994 unless I'm missing something and the RG565 ended production in '93 I believe.

After looking at this thing for a while, I'm not sure it's got the original pickups either. Does anyone know what the RG565 originally came with?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have an original 565--in the next couple of days I'll try and pull it out, get the back cover off, and get some digital photos posted--mine is completely stock so you should be good to go (and I'm pretty sure the 565 being S-H didn't come stock with a VLX91). I'll hook it up ASAP.

Cheers,

Race

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Here are the snaps of the rear cavity of my stock RG565EG

I have upgraded the capacitors so those are not stock, but everything else is. The bridge pickup looks like an old DiMarzio MegaDrive and the Neck pickup has a factory "SB1" logo on it.

Hope this helps,

Race

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks racerevlon and everyone for the information... it's incredibly helpful!

Hmm, it looks like the VLX switch on mine must have been added later. It doesn't have a push-pull pot, but what was in there was very similar to those diagram pics. Actually, I may add one since that setup looks incredibly versatile.

Or, I may return it to stock with a regular five-way switch. Looks like I might have half a chance at getting it wired correctly that way... decisions, decisions!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts