Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three grand will only buy you ten feet of it. I don't know who would buy this stuff.

Golden Oval Guitar & Instrument Cable

Our patented oval design partners with pure gold over Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) to create a LITZ wire absolutely without equal. This 100% shielded coverage incorporates a meticulous designed conductive sheath eliminates microphonic movement noise. Proprietary Teflon dielectric provides the optimal impedance and it is made in the USA. This heirloom quality cable that dares you to compare it to any other cable on the market.

Length
(feet) Connector Type
Mono Plugs

10 $ 2,970.00
15 $ 4,455.00
20 $ 5,940.00
30 $ 8,910.00
http://www.analysis-plus.com/Pages/pro_guitar_and_instrument_cables.htm

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
LOL! I find that hilarious, another one of those "unparalelled cables". After a certain point of quality and clarity in a cable, no one will notice a difference. They probably do sound great, but no noticable difference from what a decent $30-$50 cable can do(anything from Monster, George L, to Proco)

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
A home theater company my friend used to work for had speaker cable for 5 and 10 grand, so I don't think there's a cable price out there that would shock me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
wow, that`ll go great with my platinum, diamond encrusted Marshall Wall and my guitar made from agarwood with lutetium hardware..... :D

so uh who`s gunna buy these cables...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I know that audiophiles will pay a lot of money for their cables (interlinks between audio components, and cables between amp and speakers).
A friend of mine has cables of 3m and they cost already 500 euro, and this is just a moderate cable.

But this all happens in the world of HiFi, and your system is as bad as the worst part of it. So if you have the best speakers in the world but use bad cables, the sound will probably suck.

But in guitarland, where tubes and pickups give tons of noise, a normal cable will be ok IMHO.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw the add in "Guitar Player" magazine. Thats why I looked up the site. I thought it had to be a typo. :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
hmmm. let me just add that to my list of gear to buy for 2006:

brazillian rosewood/andirondack spruce custom acoustic
a pair of JEM2KV jems (incase i lose the first)
a couple refrigerator's space worth of rack gear
a new house to fit all this
3000 dollar cable

...now i just gotta win the lottery...

twice.

·
Registered
610 Posts
well i agree with an above quote, that once you get past a certain point they dont get any better then a good quality cable does, such as a monster, i dont think you can get higher quality then that, maybe a little, but still shouldnt cost 3000 dollars, i dont even have 3000 in guitars right now. id like to be the guy that owns that bussiness though, probally gets his materials from the same people as monster cables, and sells them for outragous prices. i wonder how many they have sold.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
guitarshredder7 said:
well i agree with an above quote, that once you get past a certain point they dont get any better then a good quality cable does, such as a monster, i dont think you can get higher quality then that, maybe a little, but still shouldnt cost 3000 dollars, i dont even have 3000 in guitars right now. id like to be the guy that owns that bussiness though, probally gets his materials from the same people as monster cables, and sells them for outragous prices. i wonder how many they have sold.
Monster does the same thing, gets cable materials then sells them for outrageous prices.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Ibanez249 said:
Do you get a free guitar with that?
Yeah I know, really. $3000 for a cable... $2990 of which is all profit for the manufacturer, and $2980 of it is a complete waste of money.

Do a blind listening test with 100 people who claim they can hear the difference between the cables. It's been done and 50% pick the $1000/foot cable, and the rest pick the $1/foot cable - nobody knew the difference!

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
*AHEM*
The one thing that these cable companies fail to mention is that the wiring in the amps is all copper point to point or copper clad on a pc board.
You wanna sell me on something, sell me an all gold clad PC board or gold point to point wiring.
3 Grand... Kiss my...

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
bammbamm said:
*AHEM*
The one thing that these cable companies fail to mention is that the wiring in the amps is all copper point to point or copper clad on a pc board.
You wanna sell me on something, sell me an all gold clad PC board or gold point to point wiring.
3 Grand... Kiss my...
That's true, though interconnect and speaker cable is longer than internal wiring and length is "what gets ya". I mean, if our 20 ft. guitar cables were the same as the internal pickup hookup wire (24 gauge?)...

Having said that, I'm with you. No credible listening test has ever backed up these expensive cable makers' claims.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts