Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I can play guitar, bass, & keyboards, and I've got a wife that can sing, but I've just about had it with drum programming. I think I've used just about every pattern Cakewalk Session Drummer has to offer, physically abused my Alesis SR-16 to no end (what can I say... lack of general MIDI support frustrates me), and been generally dissatisfied with the other MIDI-based (e.g., Dr. Feelgood patterns) and drum loops (e.g., Cakewalk Drumatic) that I've tried.

I was searching around the Net a bit and found some pretty complimentary reviews of Drums on Demand ( http://www.drumsondemand.com ). Seems like a lot of drum patterns for the money, and it sounds like the quality is there, but I'm a little skeptical from my disappointing experience with Drumatic.

The question... has anybody here tried any of the Drums on Demand volumes? Any comments on the sound quality? Ease of use? Appropriateness for generally hard-rockin' tunes?

--B

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've seen those ones around but never tried them. I've been using BetaMonkey drum loops for awhile now and they've been great. BetaMonkeyMusic.com

Both companies seem about the same with number of loops you get. BetaMonkey is cheaper though and they're having a buy 2 get 1 free sale till the 31st. As far as sound quality, it doesn't help that DoD's samples are in mp3 format, but I'd like to think the quality is there.

I think you'd be happy with either one. :cool:

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.