Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im trying to learn all that i can of this very difficult song and i was just wondering if any of the great players here knew it and had any advice?

So far heres what i got (all 30 seconds of it!) but i just started last night so hopefully i can get some more...even if it takes a couple years

Any comments are appreciated!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey dude, this is also Stringprodigy on Youtube....Funny that you posted that vid at the same time that I've mastered that same part using the same fingering and everything...Great job! I will post up a vid of me playing that on the weekend. I think the thing to focus the most on is maintaining the swing feel, to make sure you really feel it, otherwise the phrasing will sound off-kilter. Another thing is to make sure you roll the treble tone off a good deal for that dark, jazzy sound, and use the neck pickup and a touch of reverb...I think you are probably already doing this though. The only other thing I can suggest would be to keep trying to think ahead of the lick you are playing. I fall into the trap a lot of times where I focus too much on the present note and not what's coming next...Anyways, that's my 2 cents! I'm going to try to master this song as well, so we can help each other out if ya like. BTW, are you working from the Guitar Techniques transcription?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's my take:

Haven't really learned the end few notes so I just improvised them...I'll try and record with the backing track in the next day or two.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks! Nah, I've got the BT. I was shocked to learn you're only 16...Pretty impressive considering the stuff you're playing. There's no way I was at that level when I was your age...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts