Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

One of my freaking sound dispersion panels fell off my wall and put a nice nick in my otherwise mint RG7620VK. Does anyone know where I can get some matching color to touch it up with?

Thanks!
Awake77

·
Registered
116 Posts
either that or if you feel embarrassed , which you shouldn't, you could take a picture of the area enough to get the ding and enough to get the solid color .but i would take the guitar in.If you don't feel like that , any paint store i'm talking about a sears, or home depot or lowes should be able to dube any paint combination you desire , but having an on hand picture wouldn't hurt

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas!! Hopefully Ill be able to get it touched up this weekend.

either that or if you feel embarrassed , which you shouldn't,
Hell no! Ill even bring my microcube with me and shred it up while Im at the checkout counter:)

Awake77

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Do a search, someone on this forum found the exact shade, and recommended a brand.

Personally, I've yet to see a touchup job that doesn't look worse than the original ding, however - guitars are meant to be played, what's wrong with leaving that?

-D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Drew said:
Do a search, someone on this forum found the exact shade, and recommended a brand.

Personally, I've yet to see a touchup job that doesn't look worse than the original ding, however - guitars are meant to be played, what's wrong with leaving that?

-D
Agreed. Dings give character. You can never fully apprectiate a guitar until you've dinged it once. If you havn't dinged at least once, then your still being too careful and aren't really playing the guitar to it's full potential.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
As SSV says, "the dings and dents tell stories and add character". I have to agree. Guitars are meant to be played. However, I suppose I would be pissed if there was a massive guage in my guitar. But little dings and dents are cool.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tsorovan said:
Eh. Taking a picture will never work unless you're a top notch photographer with very good equipment.
Yeah, I'd recommend calling around some paintshops, some have a machine that can identify a colour tone. (Chromatograph?)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im looking around jemsite but I can't find the thread! Do you happen to have a link?

As SSV says, "the dings and dents tell stories and add character". I have to agree. Guitars are meant to be played. However, I suppose I would be pissed if there was a massive guage in my guitar. But little dings and dents are cool.
Oh. I agree - but I want my dings to come from battle scars and playing hard, not plastic panels falling off my wall:)

THanks,
Awake77

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Drew said:

-D
Agreed. I knew someone that had their guitar touched up by a luthier and still, it looked obvious and horrible. Dings add character. :)

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Heh. I should post some high-res closeups of my UV. Sadly, I can't claimr esponsibility of most of 'em, but man... ;)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
On the plus side, you could bring the guitar to a make up counter at like Marshall Field, and have some hot chick at the counter help you out; then you're guitar serves as a really cool conversation starter!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Drew said:
Heh. I should post some high-res closeups of my UV. Sadly, I can't claimr esponsibility of most of 'em, but man... ;)
Now that's what Im talking about. A guitar with character that still looks great! Perfect example, Drew. ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok so I looked hi and low for Revlon Crimson #35 and I dont think its available anymore. Not to be defeated, I went to Target with my girlfriend and spent some time in the nailpolish section:)

I didnt have my guitar with me, but Revlon #760 'Cherry Crush' looked *really* close to the VK finish on the 7620, so I figured it was worth a shot and bought a bottle.

Well, what do you know, but its nearly identical! I would say the color match is right about perfect, but the size of the metallic flake is a little smaller. I think that this, with some Testors (model paint) clear coat and a nice buffing might be a good fix.

Pics soon to follow...

Awake77

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.