Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've been stuck on my project because i do not have the right kind of router(trim router)to get the lion claw finished. Does anyone offer a claw routing service?

Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i'm kinda hoping some new companies will make themselves known that do this sort of thing, too.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
There probably is. But why do you say you need a trim router? Might be easier, but definitely not necessary.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ryanb said:
There probably is. But why do you say you need a trim router? Might be easier, but definitely not necessary.
well, because they have a flat base and makes you able to keep a straight line. Normal plunge routers have a round base which makes it difficult.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
guitarist for hire said:
look at the advertisements up top, most of them will do claws for your guitars.
Neither LGM nor EKG are currently taking custom jobs on, I think if i get it right, they are both finishing up projects on order, EKG finishing up for re-tooling, and LGM is concentrating on the Leviathan range.

I only know of a few people to do claws, It's one of the things i could'nt pull off, Oh well.

Rob

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've been thinking of asking this, too.

My Jackson's stock trem broke, and I want to put an OFR on it, but I'd have to route the recess. I figured I'd just have a lion's claw routed out. :)

There has got to be someone here that can do it.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Without naming names, I know of at least one guy stateside whom is a regular contributor here, But have no idea if he'll take it on due to advertising and stepping on people feet etc. Do a web search, Unsure if ATD do it tho ;)

Rob

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
WTB/The empty space behind the trem route known as "lions claw" lmao ... Could'nt resist that one heh heh, Good idea tho. I am sure the one guy i know Apart for our beloved Jer and Eddie, will get in touch that way

Rob

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
No worries, Not everyone knows everything, At least i don't, Know bugger all in fact, Except it seems to incur the wrath of suspended members (thanks Glen) lmao

BOT

There's plenty of usefull info about claws here, Like dimensions and such, Any "decent" luthier should be capable

Rob

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Jem7RB MK said:
Without naming names, I know of at least one guy stateside whom is a regular contributor here, But have no idea if he'll take it on due to advertising and stepping on people feet etc. Do a web search, Unsure if ATD do it tho ;)

Rob
I think that ATD only does complete custom bodies.

Regards

André

·
Registered
264 Posts
Speaking of ATD, does anybody know for sure if they're currently accepting work? I'm talking about their standard work. I've emailed them a couple times over the past 2 or 3 weeks and haven't recieved a response. I'm not in an immediate hurry but would like to know if they're an option for the near future.
Thanks and sorry for going slightly off topic.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Hobophobic said:
Speaking of ATD, does anybody know for sure if they're currently accepting work? I'm talking about their standard work. I've emailed them a couple times over the past 2 or 3 weeks and haven't recieved a response. I'm not in an immediate hurry but would like to know if they're an option for the near future.
Thanks and sorry for going slightly off topic.
They are busy as hell, I am waiting for my body still.

Regards

André

1 - 19 of 19 Posts