Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am in a marketing class in college and we are playing the marketing game by Charlotte H. Mason & William D.Perreault.

i was just wondering if anyone else has or is currently playing this simulation.

You are selling a Voice Recognition Device (vrd for short) and you have to develope a marketing plan to maximize profits.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Hi,
I played that game in one of my marketing classes several years ago. I believe we designed a product around premium features, yet maximum distribution channels (like Bose or Monster Cable, hehe). Profits shot up initially and then tanked in the 2nd or 3rd period.

I think every time the top company was the one who did a balanced mix of every aspect, which is no surprise considering the types of information that young marketing students get hammered with.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Never played it.

I am marketing anew business, which is a bit like this scenario, only the money is more real ;)
What's the business?

It's amazing how once you move to real money, the typical simulations end up being completely unrealistic (aside from a few that I've seen MBA programs use). On top of that, even with the most complex game/simulation, the results are never as satisfying as in the 3D world.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts