Ibanez JEM Forum banner

101 - 120 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Welp, the Tremol-No Deep-C is official and units are being produced as we speak. This creates the ability to have a free floating trem, FULLY locked trem, and a dive only trem !

BTW, Robcaron, not everyone has multiple guitars at their disposal, so grabbing the 'backup' may not be an option for some. I'm lucky enough to have a dozen+ guitars, but it makes more sense to put a $50(?) device on one guitar to turn it into 3. - the weight and extra expense of string changes. :)

Anyway. the Deep-c will fit on the standard and vintage units alike and I think it adds another dimension to something already cool.

Bamm

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well and good. But still no info on how to get one of these, Bamm. Doesn't do us much good then, in production or no, wouldn't you say?

The question remains... how to get one?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Wordwolf said:
Well and good. But still no info on how to get one of these, Bamm. Doesn't do us much good then, in production or no, wouldn't you say?

The question remains... how to get one?
Wait... very soon my friend, very soon...
They are on the cusp of being commercially available quite soon from what I'm told.
and a quote from a recent chat with kev follows:

RGEGYPT: WordWolf lives about an hour away from me. He's welcome to stop by anytime and try one out on any of the guitars here...for as long as he'd like.
IRBAMBAM: hehe
RGEGYPT: My cell number is on the site.
RGEGYPT: I'm quite serious.

Soooo...

BAMM!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Heh heh... an hour if I do 150MPH! New Albany (where Kev lives) is more like 3 hours from me.
I can tell he's no Ohio native! :lol:

Still, I appreciate the offer. But if does dive/locks, sheeeeet, I'm about it.

As for getting an endorsement with the Tremol-No? I doubt that... no CD, no DVD's... you get the picture. Maybe if I tell him I'm a KJG Mod endorser? :?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Wordwolf said:
Heh heh... an hour if I do 150MPH! New Albany (where Kev lives) is more like 3 hours from me.
I can tell he's no Ohio native! :lol:

Still, I appreciate the offer. But if does dive/locks, sheeeeet, I'm about it.

As for getting an endorsement with the Tremol-No? I doubt that... no CD, no DVD's... you get the picture. Maybe if I tell him I'm a KJG Mod endorser? :?
Well I don't have CDs, DVDs, or long hair and I'm an endorser. I know Kevan would like people who are more involved in the business to be spreading the word, but most importantly I think he wants people that will spread the word period. My words, not his. So it's worth a shot. Worst he can say is "sorry, but thanks"

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about dropping him a line re: endorsement, too... I mean, I've got a CD (ahem, on the website formerly known as Mp3.com), but no videos, and I'm not currently gigging... But I'm a well-respected commentator/competetor over at www.guitarwar.com, and i write their newsletter, with reviews... ;)

I think I'm gonna sit down over the next couple weekends and try to record one absolutely bitchin' tune, and send it his way as a demo and beg nicely. I REALLY want to try one of those things, and even if he signs a contract tomorrow, it';ll probably be a few months yet before they're on the market.

-D

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Got his IM- that's just as effective. ;)

I figure, it's the least he can do, for all the little teasers of details on the thing he'd give me every now and then before the site went on line... not to mentuion the pics of his J-Custom collection he'd send me whenever an oppritunity presented itself... :roll: ;)

-D

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
pretty nice, should've done a "hit the strings" test where you hit a chord nice and hard and then locked it and show how it doesn't move or somethin.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I meant to post that, but I've been a little occupied lately...
Some day...I'll be up there, with my name in HTML...some day...

Bamm

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Well, I finally got around to getting some pics of the unit in my 911.
It literally took about 3 minutes to install, I didn't even remove my strings.
I don't know what to say that hasn't been said other than, lets put it this way, I HOPE to be able to have them as standard equipment in the LGM lineup of trem equipped electrics due this fall :)
Jeremy
Here's a pic for ya ;)

http://pics.lgmguitars.com/pics/IMGP0613.JPG

·
Registered
796 Posts
jay ratkowski said:
Artist said:
Anyone click Rachel's link on the endorsers page? It's right at the bottom ;)
Those guys help support Kevan's habits. 8)
*warning bad innuedo alert*

Perhaps their ability to keep something of his staying stiff and not moving aided his design.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
The Deep C mod is done and up on Kev's site along with some new endorser's pics and a revamped page layout.

http://www.tremol-no.com/products.html

One step closer to fufilling my dream of my name in HTML as a product endorser and the creator of the Deep-C title.

Anyone else got products in development they want named?
All I ask is for free product in exchange !

Hey Jeremy, how about you? ;)

Bamm

Oh yeah, a product release date is nearing as well, Kev says he's shooting for "Glen's forseeable future" as September-ish

Not too many offerings from the "wood-blok-no" camp lately, but progress takes time I guess. ;)

101 - 120 of 272 Posts