Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm having trouble finding any references on the internet of anyone of installing one successfully on an edge III. The tremol-no website says it's compatible, but with this note.

trem ol-no.com/workswith.asp

"On certain Ibanez® Edge™, LoPro™, EdgePro™ and Double Edge™ systems, the #4 spring hole in the tremolo block is drilled and tapped. While the Pin-type *can* work without issue, we recommend the Small Clamp-type. "
Seems like it would be a pain in the ass. I found one reference to someone trying to install a pin-type, but it was a failure.

EDIT: Okay, I might be dumb. I think it's saying that you need to drill a hole if you want to use a pin type. That's why it's recommending a clamp type.

Since the table shows small clamp type of the recommended one, I thought the note was saying you had to drill a hole in order to use it a clamp type. And that the pin type also works, but not as well. They could have probably worded that better.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Don't see why it wouldn't work. I've used the clamp-type tremol-no on an Edge/LoPro/EdgePro without any issues. It just clamps onto the trem block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.