Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing my .60 string with a .65 bass guitar string? Anybody else tried this? I know theres probably plenty of people that would advise against it but due to the lack of options right now im just gonna take the chance and put a bass string on my 7 string. Not thrilled about spending $30+ on a pack of bass guitar strings but from what ive read so far it will probably work out just fine (also learned that Meshuggah does this). I play in drop G on a Jackson and will only be replacing the bottom string. The reason im doing this is because the .60 that i have on right now is either just a "bad" string or wrong gauge for the tuning i play in, and to me it honestly seems like the string is bad/defective. And of course the main reason im basically spending 30 bucks for 1 bass string is because nobody makes the string i need in the right size, as you can see in the picture below im currently mismatching.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.