Ibanez JEM Forum banner
6K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  jim777 
#1 ·
They look like real hot rods. I like the Black/Yellow best.
*drool*......*pant*.......

I haven't seen any comments on them here yet....maybe I missed them.

WHO GOTS ONE???????

#14 ·
I am the same as the others Im afriad. Nice guitar I'm sure, but for what they are, they are just not worth the money. Its such a basic thing, and all because EVH himself put some stripes on it, they feel they can charge 3 times the amount!

If ya want a nice guitar with the proper EVH feel, get a 5150 re-issue Kramer, or one of the old 80's Kramers. Or as someone has said already, go Warmoth. All of these options wont cost half as much as the Charvels do.

#17 ·
I have no idea about the quality, but in every picture I've seen of these, they look AWFUL! Even the pictures on the Charvel website. And these are selling like hotcakes?

The EBMM were the only good looking ones, though I've only seen pictures. If I ever hit the lottery, I'll pay out me arse for a turquoise one.

The Peavey Wolfgangs I've seen in person looked all like cheap crap. Even the high-end one.

#18 ·
Gex said:
They are pretty cool, but not worth ANYWHERE near the $2000-2800 price. Thats just rediculous for what it is.

Make yourself a Warmoth one for $750 ;)

Unfortunately, with that method, you wont be able to hand EVH any royalties ;)
i second that. i played them at NAMM and wasn't impressed at all. you could build a better guitar from Warmoth no doubt about it. paint job was very sloppy on the EVH and for some weird reason Ed likes using a non-F-spaced pickup in this Floyd equiped guitar? very odd, but then again, so is Ed. i could see it being a nice collectable guitar but not an everday player for the price. you would have better quality, more versatile guitar going to Warmoth and picking your own options from the showcase and striping it yourself (very easily done BTW).
TJ

#19 ·
Ekim said:
I have no idea about the quality, but in every picture I've seen of these, they look AWFUL! Even the pictures on the Charvel website. And these are selling like hotcakes?

The EBMM were the only good looking ones, though I've only seen pictures. If I ever hit the lottery, I'll pay out me arse for a turquoise one.

The Peavey Wolfgangs I've seen in person looked all like cheap crap. Even the high-end one.
I think your being a little biased. Why do you think they looked like cheap crap? Having said that ive personally played several of the charvels and everything was in working order the finish had no flaws in it, and setup and tone were really good

#20 ·
Ekim said:

the USA Std Wolfgang is an awesome guitar and a great value. the Charvel isn't a great value for a player.
i can't imagine a USA Wolfie being considered cheap crap?! i would almost be willing to concede that point with the EXP version, but no way for even a second would the USA version be considered "cheap crap".

#22 ·
screamndemon69 said:
the USA Std Wolfgang is an awesome guitar and a great value. the Charvel isn't a great value for a player.
i can't imagine a USA Wolfie being considered cheap crap?! i would almost be willing to concede that point with the EXP version, but no way for even a second would the USA version be considered "cheap crap".
Well ive got an exp and havent had any problems with it. It plays great and sounds amazing. Ive got a pretty large guitar collection and its my main player most of the time these days. The us version's are obviously a much higher quality instrument but the core effect of tone and playibility are still pretty much the same, as long as everythings setup properly pretty much any guitar can play well

#23 ·
sniperfrommars1 said:
Well ive got an exp and havent had any problems with it. It plays great and sounds amazing. Ive got a pretty large guitar collection and its my main player most of the time these days. The us version's are obviously a much higher quality instrument but the core effect of tone and playibility are still pretty much the same, as long as everythings setup properly pretty much any guitar can play well
i personally wouldn't dog the EXP version myself. i have played many and thought they were good guitars but once you taste the USA version it's hard to give it as much appreciation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.