Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone who i speak to seems to use cubase, being a mac user i have garage band instead. im just learning music tech so its fine for me, but what strikes me is how many more sounds you can get out of it. compared to my experiences with cubase, garage band seems uberly more versitile. admittedly you cant so such complex sequences but for recording band stuff with interesting synths, garage band seems the best. so what am i missing in cubase? what makes so many people use it?
any help would be much apprechiated(sp?) as i have to record coillage work on cubase and am not getting any great results.
cheers
tx

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I've found exactly the same thing. I'm convinced that Apple engineers and programmers are just more into making things user friendly that it's easier to dig in and do more of what the programs can do. I'm no pro, not even by a long shot...but I love my iMAC that I bought for my little project studio. Rather than fight with a windows pc and over complicated software, I can focus and have fun.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i did. until i "souped up" my computer. basically, i destroyed it. i had a g4 and traded it in for an old ibook. but it doesn't have garageband and i don't really feel like paying $75 for ilife 05.
i think garageband is great though. since i don't work with a drummer yet, and just the ease of use for a beginner such as myself.
by the way toma, that is really good stuff. real nice for that style of music. and the quality is very good too. very professional.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I'm about to get an imac G5 - I'm not familiar with Garageband, so maybe you guys can help me out: will it allow me to construct my own drum patterns, or does it work with pre-recorded loops? If it doesn't allow me to make my own patterns, can you recommend a program that does? I'm used to working with Fruityloops on PC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.