Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone using a Graphtech Ghost system for midi access ? I own a RG 3550 MZ, nice guitar that I love so much... But I'm a midi guitarist, so...

Thanks for your answers.

Dom from France

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, do you know where I could listen to examples of sounds using the Graphtech ghost instead of the Roland GK ? Is the installation easy ? Is the tracking better than the GK ? Does it sound good with the guitars models coming from the GR55 ?......

Bye and thanks...

Dom

·
Registered
6 Posts
The ghost Hexpander system sounds and tracks extremely well. However, this forum might not be the appropriate venue to discuss the details. Please contact us directly for more information.

graphtech.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
Most of the GK/GR models actually has a setting for the various types of hexaphonic bridges/pickups besides just the Roland GK.

I know that on the VG-99 (I own one) with the 1.04 update they introduced the "pickup type" option which has GK3, GK-2a, Piezo (flat response), Piezo F (Fishman), Piezo G (Graphtech), Piezo L (L.R. Baggs) and Piezo R (RMC) which compensates for technology differences in the pickups.

I've tried this on a piezo equipped Brian Moore guitar (my own guitars have GK pickups) and the tones can be somewhat similar but are different in some respects.

I find modeling acoustic guitars seems to be more realistic sounding with the piezo type bridges whereas high gain distorted type tones is subtly different (not worse, not better, just a little different - hard to describe).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.