Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this yesterday but it was kinda cloudy all day. Today the sun popped out and I snagged some pics.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Love it,the only thing I'd change is ebony(black)fingerboard and other inlays,stars are ok but that 69 is fugly.
Still awesome guitar!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love it,the only thing I'd change is ebony(black)fingerboard and other inlays,stars are ok but that 69 is fugly.
Still awesome guitar!
for me it's fine...I had a K7 years ago and just absolutely hated the inlay. This is much easier for me to accept. lol It also sounds better than my K7 did...

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Still awesome guitar!
Its actually the sign of cancer but ya its fugly and everyone will say its a 69 anyway lol

Sexy guitar, I like it more from this little photoshoot you did

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What year is this? (Lo Pro 7 = yum)

I love it man,
Congrats.
this year...they come with LoPro 7's again. Like the Universe... It's the only reason I went ahead and bought it. Had it still had the Edge Pro, I'd have passed.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Nice! I don't really listen to Korn too much (though I don't hate them) but I'd buy the hell out of that guitar.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice! I don't really listen to Korn too much (though I don't hate them) but I'd buy the hell out of that guitar.
I'm not the biggest "Korn nut" either, but it's hard in my shop not to be aware of them. Munky has been there several times and their guitar and bass tech of 13 years Chris "Care Bear" Baird now works there with me. So I get alot of Korn info and stories. I even have one of Head's old pedals on my pedalboard right now.

Even outside of that, the Apex is a wonderful sounding guitar. I tend to like my RG1077XL's, and though I own Universes, I never really use them. The Apex has not been in its case...it's become one of my main guitars now. I have always liked mahog for body wood, so this doesnt help me to not want a mahogany body made for one of my 1077's. lol

I do keep it in B though, rather than the A Korn does. I just use it like a regular guitar...I've not played "Blind" on it or whatever the hit is when someone picks one up in a store. lol

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'm not the biggest "Korn nut" either, but it's hard in my shop not to be aware of them. Munky has been there several times and their guitar and bass tech of 13 years Chris "Care Bear" Baird now works there with me. So I get alot of Korn info and stories. I even have one of Head's old pedals on my pedalboard right now.

Even outside of that, the Apex is a wonderful sounding guitar. I tend to like my RG1077XL's, and though I own Universes, I never really use them. The Apex has not been in its case...it's become one of my main guitars now. I have always liked mahog for body wood, so this doesnt help me to not want a mahogany body made for one of my 1077's. lol

I do keep it in B though, rather than the A Korn does. I just use it like a regular guitar...I've not played "Blind" on it or whatever the hit is when someone picks one up in a store. lol
Sweet, I'm psyched Ibanez brought the Lo Pro back!

Man, you work with Care Bear AND have Head's old gear?
I 10000% envy you, I'm a huge KoRn freak and I've been trying to hunt down any piece of old KoRn gear, so far I've managed to get a K-7 (production)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/ZOMB13/IbanezK-7Aug2010.jpg?t=1282197286
lucky.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet, I'm psyched Ibanez brought the Lo Pro back!

Man, you work with Care Bear AND have Head's old gear?
I 10000% envy you, I'm a huge KoRn freak and I've been trying to hunt down any piece of old KoRn gear, so far I've managed to get a K-7 (production)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/ZOMB13/IbanezK-7Aug2010.jpg?t=1282197286
lucky.
pm me your address and I'll send ya' some tour picks. C-Bear still has a bunch of Head and Munky's picks. I'll snag ya' some from different tours. Even some of Jon Davis' picks. I got some different ones laying around.

The pedal I have that belonged to Head is the Prescription Electronics Depth Charge they used to record the big distorted parts of Kill You and the ascending chords after the 'boomm da da mmmm da da-imma" break in Freak On A Leash...stuff like that. You can see it on my pedalboard here with the glowing diamond around the button.

·
Registered
817 Posts
pm me your address and I'll send ya' some tour picks. C-Bear still has a bunch of Head and Munky's picks. I'll snag ya' some from different tours. Even some of Jon Davis' picks. I got some different ones laying around.

The pedal I have that belonged to Head is the Prescription Electronics Depth Charge they used to record the big distorted parts of Kill You and the ascending chords after the 'boomm da da mmmm da da-imma" break in Freak On A Leash...stuff like that. You can see it on my pedalboard here with the glowing diamond around the button.

*Dies*

Awesome pedalboard, do you play in a band?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
love those outdoor pics.. you can really see the detail, and i love how Ibanez went back to the Lo-Pro Edge! awesome stuff!
thanks man... I'm happy it came back to having the LoPro Edge too. The guitar is already altered from stock now. I got some Seymours for it and a 5-way switch. Drilling/Adding a tone knob this week as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this guitar too. It's a really fantastic. It's like a wonder, for me at least. :)

Does any more infos about pedal using by Korn from C-Bear?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts