Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Funny I just read that someplace else, the story was started about a month ago.
Maybe it will force MS to come up with some newer more secure ideas and innovations to their O.S. platforms??? Maybe???

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
So now users will be offered the power and reliability that Intel has offered for years- only now with an retard-proofed interface and pretty plastic cases? All this for only 400% more than it should cost otherwise?! Where do I sign up?

/Macs blow for techies

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Since IBM owns the PowerPC architecture, and since IBM wasn't interested in making faster PowerPC processors, Apple was forced to look elsewhere for processors or die. This is what I heard...

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I think it's ironic that Apple is switching to Intel just as other platforms, namely XBOX 360, are moving to PowerPC.

For years, Apple has been talking about the "megahertz myth" and saying how the PowerPC is a superior architecture. And they publish information like this... they've got a few years of crow to eat.

But frankly, i don't care what chip is inside, as long as it's blindingly fast. It's the OS and apps that help me get my work done.

My guess is that they'll be using pairs of the new secure dual-core Pentium D processors in the high-end PowerMacs.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
jem7vwh said:
So now users will be offered the power and reliability that Intel has offered for years- only now with an retard-proofed interface and pretty plastic cases? All this for only 400% more than it should cost otherwise?! Where do I sign up?

/Macs blow for techies
hehehe. agreed!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I think the portables will be the first to switch. The G5 is a great great processor, but it just produces way too much heat to be in a laptop. Since updated PowerBooks and perhaps iBooks are overdue, this would be my guess.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hear than thunder? It's the "switchers" running back to Windows and Linux. Why do they insist on screwing things up every five years? I fail to understand. I'm Mac-free as of this afternoon. Now I just need to convert my Photoshop CS license back to Windows. Damn you, Steve Jobs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts