Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, this is my first post here... I looked for info on pots and pickup rings in other threads but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. My questions are these... I just ordered an AR250 with the intention of adding another (middle) pickup, and push pull pots. Do I need long or short shaft for this guitar? I know with Epiphones you can get away with shorties but not on Gibson LP's. The other question is regarding the pickup rings... is it fair to assume that the larger import (Epiphone-style) pickup rings are the ones I'll need?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the finished project... came out sweet. Allparts pickup rings were a pretty close match (unless you're ultra anal) and yes, short pots do the trick.

I'm a newbie so you'll have to go to my YouTube page to see it... it's under JamGuy's Guitar Goodness... Jerry Garcia Guitar Project pt 1 & 2. It came out killer... the routing was the easy part. Wiring three humbuckers with push/pull pots, not so much, but it works great and sounds and plays amazing.

The AR250 is a sweet guitar... I may unload one of my Epiphones to fund getting another one to mod!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.