Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious. I emailed shotgunmods.com but never heard back and I'm a bit vague on this stuff.

Can you have a piezo bridge that allows you to have both a DOUBLE-EDGE PIEZO output plus MIDI output at the same time?

Or at least switch between the two?

Is there a good web page to find this stuff out?

I am thinking that would be a worthwhile mod. The Roland VG stuff seems awesome. Adrian Belew & Julie Slick blow me away with their onstage MIDI antics. But I really liked the sounds / tone of a Double Edge when I tried one out last year.

·
Registered
252 Posts
GraphTech Ghost system can do this although they only make Floyd saddles, so you'd need to use their own loaded Floyd instead of the Double Edge.
But maybe there's some way to get the Graphtech hexpander board working with the Ibanez piezo's?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess so because here:

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=19
"The ghost System Saddle Pickups let you get acoustic tone from your electric guitar or bass when installed with the Acousti-Phonic, or use your favorite electric guitar or bass as a MIDI controller when installed with the Hexpander MIDI Interface. Or the same saddle pickups can drive both modules at the same time!"

So if I get the shotgunmods kit plus add a Hexpander it should work. Sounds like a wiring nightmare, though. And who knows how much more routing, too.

I was really hoping for more of a circuit board that would just let you go either / or so you wouldn't need a MIDI rig all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts