Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have AM73. Basically it's about the similar guitar as AS83 except for the size. I did tried AS83 too and I prefer smaller one.

It's a sweet guitar. Default pickup is not bad at all. The finishing and workmanship I must say really good despite being made in China. Go get it man, Artcore series is the best bang for your money.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well, I am playing the smaller sister, an AS73, and I am quite happy with it, though the tuner of the G-String seems a little weak (I am using an 11 String set... an the G-String tends to go out of tune when I bend 3 Semitones... at least sometimes :) ).

But maybe I just have to do some setupwork.

Apart from that it is a great guitar (got mine for 200 Euro).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies folks!
Well im trying to play jazz/fusion and chord melody stuff (for the fusion im using a Custom Rg)
what seems to be the quality of wood and the construction?

Thank you!

·
Registered
725 Posts
i get great chord/ clean tones with the AF75, it sounds real sweet with a tubescreamer. i've tried the AS83 & it sounds very John Scofield to me :) be assured that you're getting your money's worth with the AS83- construction is superb & the overall tone on offer is above average.

AF75

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
i have played the 73 I really enjoyed it, the neck was nice and frets where good dispite what some others would say. Quality is really excellent for being MIC.

they are good soild guitar, you can't beat them on vaule for price.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Folks Thanks for the answers, yeah i love john scofield music & SOund i have almost 6 records of him, the AF 75 its a nice guitar she is very pretty but in that case (full hollowbody) I prefer ak 85, but ill go for the 85/75

Thanks you friends!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.