Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find me a nice acoustic to last for a long time.

Already tried EP9, AWS1000 and Martin D-16 yesterday. Didn't really like the sound of EP9 as it comes to 99% acoustic playing and that one is clearly designed to be played through mics. D-16 sounds really good but it's lack of features is maybe little too much. I'd love to have tuner, mics "just in case" and a cutout.

Then I tried the Dreadnought model from new Artwood Studio series and was amazed my the great action. This has the same neck tilt system as EP9 and obviously it was adjusted spot on as action was low and easy throughout the whole neck without any buzz. It sounded good too having a fat body unlike EP9 and the cutout fealt like great help reaching those high frets. There's this "flying top" design too, I learned later. Not sure of it's effect.

I guess they had Grand Concert version of AWS too but I didn't know to look for it. Somewhat more expensive (not very though) but I like the looks of the body more and heard they should sound more balanced.

I guess they are made in China like EP9. Should I care really if it's ok? I guess not... I was really thinking of Martin this time but now it's look it's Ibanez time like n'th time for me again ;)

Any comments on these models?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I would also really like to know this, it seems that not many people use AWS guitars for some reason, really hard to find info about them from users... But the specs are fantastic for the price I think. I'm also looking to get a slightly more high end acoustic than my 99$ SX :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. I bought AWS1000 yesterday and am very happy with it. Sounds great and it was adjusted spot on. Plays like my PGM90HAM all the way to the 17th fret (slight exaggeration but not much) ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts