Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have my Ibanez 7420 which I swirled blah blah but im really getting to the point as much as I love my beloved Ibanez guitars im really starting to hate trems, I am in a guitar crisis right now since all 4 of my ibanez have trems.

So I have been thinking of maybe trying to sell the swirl and pickup a ARZ307 or trade for one.

Has anyone had any sorta play time with the ARZ307?

Here is a pic of my 7420

·
Registered
347 Posts
I played one a bit at guitar center. Played well enough, decent neck.. hated the shape. Something about a 7 string les paul shape just feels wrong to me.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
RG7421.

HOWEVER, with a tuner change and some new pickups (I notice you usually paint the stock ones but the ones in the ARZ307 seriously suck horribly), it'll be a great guitar! Still not as good as an RG7421 or RG7621

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone had any sorta play time with the ARZ307?
Yo dude, just got mine on December 23rd. It's a pretty sweet guitar for the price. I just did a review at Ultimate-Guitar but they haven't posted it yet. It usually takes 48 hours.

It's my first seven string outta 20 guitars that I've owned. I really like it. I'll probably change the pick-ups. Regardless, I've been playing it everyday since I got it. Can't go wrong for $499

Contrary to what the other dude said, I actually like the Les Paul style on this seven. Almost every seven out there is a strat style.

Holla at me if you have any specific questions. How much you selling your swirl for? I always wanted one of those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually the guitar is balanced great and is comparable in weight to any RG. I put it on my knee and let go and it didn't move at all. I had an AR300 a few years ago and it was extremely neck heavy. Since it was a similar body design I was worried when I ordered the ARZ but Ibanez has fixed the problem with this model.

The pick-ups sound good and I'm not in a rush to switch 'em but eventually I'd probably put in some active pick ups like blackouts or emgs just to get a hotter output.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts