Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my name is galant, and i have a question about J custom. Actually i want to buy this guitar on japanese web, but the problem is i dont know is that original or fake, i try to find some information on google about 2006 j custom, but i cant find ut. So, i coming here to asking to you guys, hope one of you can help me. Thankyou in advance and regard. Here i attach the pictures of the guitar that i want to buy. And the sn number of this guitar is: F0627312

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory Guitar accessory
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory String instrument
Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory Electronic instrument String instrument accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
It looks legit to me, but what the hell is up with that high e string?

View attachment 17721
Yeah, right? Also note the middle string is just as badly out of place. Both seem to be locked in place, but neither is passing over its saddle properly.

I can't speak to the authenticity of the guitar itself, but it's odd that someone would do such a poor job of setting up such a fine instrument (if it's real, that is).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, right? Also note the middle string is just as badly out of place. Both seem to be locked in place, but neither is passing over its saddle properly.

I can't speak to the authenticity of the guitar itself, but it's odd that someone would do such a poor job of setting up such a fine instrument (if it's real, that is).
The guitar looks good, and I am certain it is real, but that setup is a disaster. Jeepers.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Seems like original. With bridge needing attention. Strings are all over the place. And from where is comming first string?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Edge Pro owner here. Bridge looks fine. That can happen if you string it keeping the ball ends on and with a good amount of slack to get a few winds round the tuning peg, then don't pay attention when locking off and bringing up to tension..

If course if anyone had actually played the guitar they'd immediately correct it as it's unplayable strung up like that. As much as you can tell from a photo on the internet doesn't look fake or faulty though.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well, that image is hardly high resolution and Ibanez stock photos often don't accurately represent finishes.

Just look at other photos of these RGs on a search, you'll see they all have the textured, leather-like finish.

·
Registered
112 Posts
But in that pict the paint look sharp, not like mine, its like the skin, or leather
If you look at the color in that catalog picture, notice it is Biker's Black. Even though the picture may not show it that well, Biker's Black is the textured black you see in your photos.

Hope this helps 🤘

1 - 12 of 12 Posts