Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All

I am the new and proud owner of a 350DX. This is the first time I've had to tune an Edge trem and I am stuck. I've watched all the YouTube vids and how tos and for the life of me cannot get 'er in tune.

Here's the run down. I put a battery under the trem and changed the strings one at a time. I tuned low E and got through to to high E. By that time Low E is de tuned. Re-tune same thing. By that point the trem is rising. I can never get to it in tune. In the videos, by this point the guitar is relatively in tune then you pull the battery, lock the tuners.. the trem lowers and you adjust using the adjustment screws.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm pretty sure the prior owner had 10s on 'er. Should I try 9s or add a spring?

Thanks in advance for an assistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read everything. Got it fixed. I had to reset the springs in a V formation and, during tuning, screw in the springs quite close to the end. She's good now but I might try an extra spring later.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah you should try adding a spring. Sounds like you are almost maxed on spring tension. Those guitars usually come with three springs. It sounds like you only have two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts