1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.

Looking for a heads up.
I have a Ibanez AT10P with the twin Cruisers and the AT1

When I have my amp set to high gain I get a very noticeable increase in buzz/noise from the AT1.
Selecting the Cruisers silences the buzz almost completely.

Is this due to the AT1's higher output or is this looking like a grounding issue ? is some buzz expected from the bridge pup on this guitar ?

cheers.

·
Registered
663 Posts
If it was a grounding problem you could get the buzzing to stop if you touched your bridge. AT1 is the bridge pickup right? No humbucker should buzz.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I opened her up and found a wire off the 5 way selector...

I think it has to go back onto one of 2 points... but which one ?... 1 0r 2 ?

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's hard to say, you could touch the 2 spots while the guitar is plugged in and see which one causes the noise to stop.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I opened her up and found a wire off the 5 way selector...

I think it has to go back onto one of 2 points... but which one ?... 1 0r 2 ?

It goes to 1- (it's really #4 in line but...) That's pretty certain where your buzz is coming from. While you're in there you should install a treble bleed circuit like Andy does- changes the guitar entirely and makes it come alive when you back off the volume control. You can get them at StewMac for cheap. They install on the volume pot- really simple mod. It's not really an AT1 without it! Not sure why Ibanez still doesn't ship them with the mod from the factory. The DiMarzio Cruiser's are magic with the mod. Very single coil/ strat voiced with no 60hz noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts