Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Terrible news.

Those following Darren on fb, may have seen his home & work have gone up in flames. Looks like he has literally lost everything.

Not sure of the circumstances, but its a hard blow for him.

Does anyone know if theres any help we can offer?

Heart goes out to him :(
Motor vehicle Wood Sky Tree Waste

·
Vendor
26,554 Posts
Somebody that knows how is supposed to be starting a go fund me and the link will get shared when it's done, I was hoping it would already be up. He's not in a good place right now and he could use some good news and helping hands, and as much as anything, to know people still care.

·
Vendor
26,554 Posts
I'm not sure of the legalities but I know there are some. I'm not sure if funds donated to one cause can be used for another. This needs a help Darren page, whether it's to rebuild ATD or just start to rebuild his life.

Anybody know for sure?

·
Vendor
26,554 Posts
Darren barely made it out alive. The only luck he had was he had his wallet and his phone on him. He's having a hard time breathing from the heat and smoke damage, he doesn't have his pills, the front wall of the building fell on his car so he has no transportation, or place to live. The vultures are picking through the debris at night for anything they can take. The priceless guitars were badly burnt or completely destroyed, as well as a few private bodies he still had recently sent to him. Business has been non existent since covid started because almost all of his contracts were with theme parks and he's been living extremely frugally just trying to eat and take care of his son, who he's losing in a custody battle with his ex which is another tragedy all it's own.

He needs a gofundme page, but until that happens, to anybody that doesn't care if they see their donation posted and on public record and just wants to help a man when he's at the lowest you can get, you can Paypal him direct and know that it is greatly needed and appreciated.

[email protected]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just modestly contributed through Darren's paypal.

Thanks Rich for sharing the account.

Best thoughts and energies to Darren, from the happy owner of 2 ATD swirls (DNA#60 and a UVRE, both wonderful swirls) from Switzerland.

·
Vendor
26,554 Posts
I know he thanks you for it. I will thank everybody on his behalf as he's probably not going to have the time or energy to reach out and thank anyone personally.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Paypal'd, and I'm just saying it so that others think about it too. Like @Ze_F I have a UVREMC, and I met Darren at Jemfest years ago. Again, just a horrible tragedy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts