Ibanez JEM Forum banner

attitude song tone help needed!

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  AussiePGFan 
#1 ·
anyways, so im getting a new amp (old one is stuffed but it sucked)
and have a jemini pedal, bad horsie, and boss bleus driver
im doing teh attitude song for a school exam soon and need to know
if i buy a digitech whammy, when steve is playing (after the chord thing adn main riff when he does the bend thing) will that get that sound, its on the song about 20 - 23 seconds
will the digitech whammy or a boss pitch shifter get this sound?
+ i have a foyd, but wanna do some metal-liek vai stuff adn want pitch too!
cam

#9 ·
Hopefully, you don't misunderstand me...I wasn't claiming to have received any gear (or anything else other than a boost to my sense of humor and irony) from Frank Zappa. Most of Flex-Able/Leftovers was recorded with gear given/loaned to Vai by Zappa, or so the story goes.

#10 ·
oh
haha thanks chaos
haha yeh im a perfectionist
if i play song and its wrong i go off my nut
i recently did down to mexico for a music exam at school and it was tone perfect, kinda sketchy playing, just got up and i wasnt allowed to warm up
thanks for all your help guys

cam

#11 ·
If you're looking for a less expensive solution to harmonizing you may want to check out the Eventide Pitch Factor, add an expression pedal and it can emulate Whammy as well.

It's still quite costly ($500) for a pedal, but it does do a lot of stuff. It sounds like it could easily do Alien Water Kiss, Ballerina, Bad Horsie and a bunch of other Vai songs.
Like Ballerina at 3'20 into this demo:

#13 ·
When does that fricken pedal come out in Australia and how do I get my hands on one!!!!

That thing is friggen awesome - like having a h-3000 in a pedal. Digitechs whammy now looks like a little ***** cat looking at a Lion! Anyone else loving this pedal???

Back on topic, the sound at 23 seconds is indeed a 5th fret harmonic on the G string - its all about controlling the whammy bar to get the right pitch. On the track there are about 3 guitars going at one time, but if you are performing it you could:
1) Get someone to play with you or;
2) Download the Vai naked track from Itunes and give Vai some $$$.........

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.