Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice seriously appreciated:
Just got my ATZ 100 yesterday and it is insanely amazing but two things bother me. The Tremelo is so resistant. I know it may have Something to do with Andy wanting the bridge to be flat with the body for more sustain maybe? Or it’s just that they ship it with All five springs but I really like to be able to pull back on my wammy bar I love the effect like David Gilmour gets using it almost as another means for vibrato. Is it ok For me to have the guitar set up with just 3 or 4 springs and have the bridge more parallel with the neck or should I get used to it? Last thing is the bar slips out of the bridge. My strats all have threaded wammy bars and I understand it might be trademark but this thing keeps sliding out. Any tricks? I hate to wrap tape around the bottom but is that a fix! ? Any help is appreciated.
Sincerely,y
Ed

·
Registered
653 Posts
You should be fine removing some springs and setting it up like a traditional floater. When you do that though it will need to be intonated and all... 5 springs is pretty intense. When it comes to the trem arm, I'm not too sure, Some wilkinson trem arms look like they are hollow... where they can screw in, sort of like a gotoh. While others look like they have a notch for it to snap in place. Not sure which one you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts