Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently played an AVC9 acoustic guitar in my local store. I really liked it but the one thing that stopped me from buying was that the finish of the neck felt slightly rough near the headstock.

The rest of the neck felt very smooth, it was just the different wood at the end of the neck where the headstock join is that felt rough.

Anyone got or played one of these? Is this normal? Or is this just a defect on this particular guitar?

thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently played an AVC9 acoustic guitar in my local store. I really liked it but the one thing that stopped me from buying was that the finish of the neck felt slightly rough near the headstock.

The rest of the neck felt very smooth, it was just the different wood at the end of the neck where the headstock join is that felt rough.

Anyone got or played one of these? Is this normal? Or is this just a defect on this particular guitar?

thanks!
So to answer my own question, I've seen the left handed version of the same guitar, and another similar Ibanez acoustic, and the necks were smooth all the way down. So its just a defect on the guitar I played.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts