Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
i have one. no comparison to the Pod, Rocktron Prophecy and surely not Eleven Rack, and i have/had them all. Is it worth it ? Not sure. Depends on what your plans are for it.

Only 3 things i dislike about it so far are no headphone output, the crappy software and USB would have been nice. Not for recording but updating, patches and so on.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Have the Ultra and it is great.

You can read my review in the comparison shopping section.
From your review:

The Axe-FX software has been in beta stage for ages now and there are a lot of bugs that Fractal needs to work out within it but it does get the job done.

"1)Axe-Edit software is buggy as all hell."

IMO, Bugs are expected in beta software and as such, it should not be judged for being buggy. It's a given.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I've got 2 Ultras (sold all my rack gear to get them) and I love them. It feels amazing in that it is incredibly dynamic and responsive, just like a tube amp. Most folks don't believe the hype until they play through one...then they believe the hype. ;)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
You should check out the Petrucci forum. They rave about the Axe over there as the best processor out there that is hands down better than even a lot of dedicated hi-end equipment. I don't have any personal experience but I've never really heard anything too negative about it, and certainly not in comparison to other modeller/processors on the market. It's the pinnacle of those. People who've gotten rid of it seem to prefer image of a real amp pushing air rather than a processor through FRFR speakers but most still comment that the effects are top notch and the depth of tweaking is unrivaled.

·
Registered
926 Posts
From your review:

The Axe-FX software has been in beta stage for ages now and there are a lot of bugs that Fractal needs to work out within it but it does get the job done.

"1)Axe-Edit software is buggy as all hell."

IMO, Bugs are expected in beta software and as such, it should not be judged for being buggy. It's a given.
That is not my review, you need to scroll down to get to my review, which is more recent than that of Johnny. He probably had the Ultra before V 7 of the Firmware. I tested it with some V 9 version I think and had no complaints about bugs anymore.
My unit is stable as hell since and with each update it gets better and better. However I recommend a really good MIDI floorboard with it and a flat as hell FRFR monitor.

Hope that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts