Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Yes I listened to it once and didn't like it. But it does sound like they took some chances and didn't just make the same old thing. So I think some people might dig it. Just not for me.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Heard the album. I think it's really good. If you're looking for 1991 GnR this isn't it. It's new and fresh. Axl's voice sound pretty good. It'll be interesting to hear live...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Thumbs down from me for Chinese Democracy. And no, I didnt judge it as a function of it taking 60% of my life to make, just purely on the album itself. Axl simply cannot sing anymore. IRS is ok, but the rest of the album I really didnt find the least bit interesting. I'm all for a band changing and evolving its sound, but for me the quality of the songs just doesnt cut it.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From a previous article:

The company said that in an "unprecedented show of solidarity with Axl", all Americans would receive a free can, "except estranged guitarists Slash and Buckethead".

The band's frontman, Axl Rose, said at the time that he was "surprised and very happy" to have the firm's support.

The company said the star's "quest for perfection" was understandable, leading them to believe that Chinese Democracy would not hit the shops in 2008.

·
Registered
9,310 Posts
Thumbs down from me for Chinese Democracy. And no, I didnt judge it as a function of it taking 60% of my life to make, just purely on the album itself. Axl simply cannot sing anymore. IRS is ok, but the rest of the album I really didnt find the least bit interesting. I'm all for a band changing and evolving its sound, but for me the quality of the songs just doesnt cut it.
You don't like anything do you! ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
"The redemption scheme your company clumsily implemented for this offer was an unmitigated disaster which defrauded consumers and, in the eyes of vocal fans, ruined the day of Chinese Democracy's release."

Oh, THAT'S what ruined it... glad they cleared that up...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Some people just listen with a deaf ear !!
Like those who think the new album actually has valid worth, in a climate of even mediocre musicality.

It is not the worst thing ever made, but to be completely fair it's an average attempt at a record...Grade C-

You also have to look at the bigger picture here. This was not an album made by a first timer, never in a studio before, or didn't have access to the best writers/producers/engineers/musicians/money. This was an album worked on for ten years, with tons of money put into it, by a veteran of recording, the recipient of many gold and platinum records, with tons of touring experience behind him. All that Axl has had at his disposal and this barely dismal offering is what he deemed appropriate for the masses. Shame on any of you buying into this half @ssed attempt to reap a buck from hard working people anywhere. If this were put out by a young band it wouldn't even make a dent on the top 100, as it would be a C+ effort. It sounds like an American Idol record by a contestant not making the top 12...

You don't Judge Alex Rodriguez on the same level as a high school baseball player...You expect a lot more for the money what with his talent and the money he's being paid!! He has access to the best training/doctors/medicine/health analysis, and also 25 million a year. For that he'd better deliver...Axl better get his sh!t together, I don't know how long the diehards are going to continue to be true believers. Gotta grow up sometime...

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Listened a bit and thought "nope, don't like it." But I really have never been a big GnR fan. I don't think it sucks just not to my taste at all. And I think it's dramatically over-produced.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Like those who think the new album actually has valid worth, in a climate of even mediocre musicality.

It is not the worst thing ever made, but to be completely fair it's an average attempt at a record...Grade C-

You also have to look at the bigger picture here. This was not an album made by a first timer, never in a studio before, or didn't have access to the best writers/producers/engineers/musicians/money. This was an album worked on for ten years, with tons of money put into it, by a veteran of recording, the recipient of many gold and platinum records, with tons of touring experience behind him. All that Axl has had at his disposal and this barely dismal offering is what he deemed appropriate for the masses. Shame on any of you buying into this half @ssed attempt to reap a buck from hard working people anywhere. If this were put out by a young band it wouldn't even make a dent on the top 100, as it would be a C+ effort. It sounds like an American Idol record by a contestant not making the top 12...

You don't Judge Alex Rodriguez on the same level as a high school baseball player...You expect a lot more for the money what with his talent and the money he's being paid!! He has access to the best training/doctors/medicine/health analysis, and also 25 million a year. For that he'd better deliver...Axl better get his sh!t together, I don't know how long the diehards are going to continue to be true believers. Gotta grow up sometime...
Your comments mean nothing to me because I like the album, so I think the ten years in the making was all worth it. I think you need to look at the bigger picture. You spew out reasons as why the album should have been better. As a musician you should respect the work because even if you dont like it. Musicians should encourage

And who are you to grade the album ? Are you the teacher of the music world ? Are you handing out gold stars ? Do you want to deny other musicians who may end up liking it, to change their minds because of your Grading ?

Sorry if I come off aggressive, I just feel strongly about people who rubbish or try and publicly degrade other music and or musicians.

After spending 2 or 3 years myself writing an album, i know all to well how difficult it is, and how much of your soul goes into it. Then to hear people rubbish your creation is just plain wrong. If you dont have nothing nice to say, dont say it all, works real well here. There is plenty of music I dont listen to, but it deserves respect, because it takes an amount of courage to make something and let it out in the world. As much as I cant stand Britney Spears, I still can see some merit in her work.

So what if Axl has access to millions of dollars worth of equipment and access to the best this or the best that blah blah blah, you sound jealous. Rich or poor artists, can be bad and can be good but its still has merit and is art. Whos to say bad music isn't an artform.

You dont like the Album, and I do. Thats fine, but dont give us reasons other then you personally dont like it. What has Axl and his past, and his money, and his experience have to do with you not liking it ? So would your Grade change to an A if you had never heard of axl before and he was a new artist on the scene and had no money or no experience? Would the music magically become pleasing to your ear ?

Music in any form deserves respect from other musicians. Why not show some...

This has been a public announcement from your friendly Neighbourhood Ibanezfreak.... :p

1 - 20 of 39 Posts