Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a useful collection of electric guitars... decent models of the "classics" ... Strat, Tele, JM, Jag, LP, SG, 335 and Ibanez super-strat (S & RG), PRS solid and hollow, Gretsch hollow and centre-block, etc. ("Modern" versions, not collecting vintage or remake/inspired-by stuff). Depending on mood or "right tool for the job" I play them all. Sometimes they seem quite different, occasionally quite the same and amp choice/settings seem more important.

Oddly (?) I find my Telecaster the least inspiring instrument... I try playing Clash songs, some Stones or Springsteen, practicing G-runs and similar licks ... want to like it, or at least understand those who do
Anyone own or have done any amount of playing of the AZS2209H Ibanez take on the Tele?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the kind of thing I want to know ... I am interested in what could be an addition to the toolbox ... currently I get twang from Filtertrons, clear single coil sounds from a Strat ... not found any unique "Tele sounds" to match it's reputation...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well as far as I can tell the pickups in the AZS are exclusive to that guitar. You cant buy them aftermarket. And after playing mine for an hour this evening I am convinced this is one of the best I have ever played. Everything about it is top shelf.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking that this might have some similarities to an HSS Strat ... the "signature" bridge pickup, but some variations on the rest of the sonic palatte.
I have a decent Tele for the same reasons I have a Strat, an LP, an SG, a Jag, etc., but I've rarely found it as a great tool for doing something I couldn't do as well on something else.
Also wondering if the trem-equipped is a good addition (not something I use much as a rule) or whether the hardtail is a better choice (cheaper!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts