Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Awsome!

The gunslingers a pretty much the only BC Rich guitars that I like.
I hope these aren't took expensive, I would love to get the yellow one.

Any idea of what the pricing is gonna be on these?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I Like the headstock... I like the maple fretboards... I like the OFR... I don't like the body shapes, the pickup configuration, and the 21 frets. Man, if I'm getting a BC Rich, might as well get their killer shapes to boot as well, strat shapes are everywhere.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Really, 22 fret bolt-ons? Are they joking? I hope so. I don't care what country makes a 22 fret bolt-on, it's going to be crap. I've seen some extremely nice Korean neck-thrus (with 24 frets).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea of what the pricing is gonna be on these?
Unless they try to milk more money with this retro thing it could actually be quite reasonable. If you take a look at the current B.C. Rich Assassin PX3T: it's neck-through and it has OFR and ebony board, yet it still costs only 600 euros.

I don't mind the 22 frets much personally. I would appreciate it if the heel will be somehow sculpted for better access. Also it would be nice if H/S was available in both colors.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Also it would be nice if H/S was available in both colors.
I would love H/S in the yellow.

Yeah I would hope to see a reasonable price on this.

Personally I love the shape. And I don't mind the 22 frets, since I rarely go that high on the fretboard anyway.

I'm very tempted. But then theres the new S prestige.....man I hate 2008, too many guitars I want haha.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I realy like the H/S model. Hopefully it'll be available in more than just red.
I'd rather put my money BC Rich's/ ESP's way than Ibanez so far for 2008.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
The new BC Rich stuff looks really good this year, very impressed. And by all accounts their import build quality has come on a bundle recently. So these will definitely be worth checking out. I'll definitely be checking out both of the Gunslinger Retro models if the price is right. :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
They look kinda cheesy to me...I don't know if it's the no pick guard, or unmatched headstock or what but it reminds me of the Hondo guitars they used to sell in Hit Parader 25 years ago. I'm having flashbacks I gotta go...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Really, 22 fret bolt-ons? Are they joking? I hope so. I don't care what country makes a 22 fret bolt-on, it's going to be crap. I've seen some extremely nice Korean neck-thrus (with 24 frets).
the original gunslingers were the same configuration. and they were made in the usa...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, screw those crappy Fender Strats. And Teles. And Jaguars. And..

1 - 20 of 67 Posts