Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it has been a few years since I have had a proper hot rod and I was really missing leaving a stoplight in a cloud of smoke soooo..I introduce my 2014 SRT Charger 392 Edition. It's like riding on rails, 470+HP at my foottips. :) Never thought I would be a red guy but when I went to go see this thing, I was immediately blown away, at it was nighttime when I first saw it. The fact that it has straight pipes and glasspacks didn't hurt. :)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many points are on your license now? Just so we can track your progress 8O
Zero, the last time I got a ticket, it was 2003 in a Neon. :)

Besides, it's been snowy all week since I have had it. The summer should be interesting but 3 of the 5 cops in my neighborhood drive Charger squads and have turned their heads to stare. :)

We START at Zero. :) I will update. :)

·
Vendor
26,484 Posts
Expect several, they don't call it "write me red" for no reason ;)

I just got my license back a month ago 8O

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is that the way it is in the USA, when you speed or get a traffic ticket, you accumulate points??
Here in Australia you have points on your license and lose them if you get a traffic ticket. You start with 6 points and go to 12 once you have your open license.

·
Vendor
26,484 Posts
Your toilets flush counter clockwise too 8O

We start at zero. I got up to 38 before I finally had to get a Florida license to put the points on so I could bleed NJ down the zero again! We lose 3 a year for every year without a point bearing ticket. Thankfully I had just as many out of state that was before the world was tied together with computers!

I predict Jeff has 6 by the end of the year! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
Very nice. I just sold a bunch of guitars and am planning to get a new Mustang GT in a couple of months, unfortunately a recent hospital stay may put that on hold for a bit

·
Vendor
26,484 Posts
I hope it was nothing serious! I'm guessing you just had your pecker shortened so the wife would stop crying.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice car! Fellow MOPAR guy here, I drive their sports car that has a truck motor in it and sounds like a vacuum cleaner getting it on with a tuba

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
I hope it was nothing serious! I'm guessing you just had your pecker shortened so the wife would stop crying.
Had it thinned out a bit...

I guess I was dehydrated, passed out. Hit my head a few times on the way down broke a tooth I half and cracked the rest and my heart went into A fib. I think I'm ok for the most part. Need to wear a heart rate monitor for a month, take some pills.... Was hoping I could at least wait until 40 for this stuff

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had it thinned out a bit...

I guess I was dehydrated, passed out. Hit my head a few times on the way down broke a tooth I half and cracked the rest and my heart went into A fib. I think I'm ok for the most part. Need to wear a heart rate monitor for a month, take some pills.... Was hoping I could at least wait until 40 for this stuff
Jeez, good to hear you are ok, for the most part.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice car! Fellow MOPAR guy here, I drive their sports car that has a truck motor in it and sounds like a vacuum cleaner getting it on with a tuba
Awesome!! Pic?????

I had a 97 Viper with over 90K miles on it (read: affordable). Blue with the white stripe. Interior absolutely sucked, the Plymouth Breeze had a better interior than the Viper. Those things were not built with durability in mind but..........to me, the rear end of a GTS Viper is one of the prettiest rears since the '69 Charger.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Awesome ride Jeff!! That 392 has a LOT more bite to it than people would assume. I took one for a drive....loved it, the wifey almost shot me! Now, she's not so much of a problem.........:grin:

Anyway, I'm hoping THIS will be my next Mopar..........

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome ride Jeff!! That 392 has a LOT more bite to it than people would assume. I took one for a drive....loved it, the wifey almost shot me! Now, she's not so much of a problem.........:grin:

Anyway, I'm hoping THIS will be my next Mopar..........

OMG a drag pack Chally??? Oh hell yeah!!!!! Except we wont be able to go cruise in it since I dont think they are street legal but we could have a heck of a time at Joliet dragway!!!!

pm me on whats going on.

Jeff

ps. the 392 has plenty of grunt, unfortunately it has been snowy, icy and cold since I got the car last week. Really tentative on opening her up but the short blasts I have been on have been incredibly fun. Just having that kind of power at my disposal is what I was looking for. 470Hp is plenty of fun and my car was 40K cheaper than a Hellcat.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts