Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WOOOOHHHOOOOOOO !!!!!!

YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!
i met the gang back stage and man they rock ! very simple soft spoken people (may coz i told them i was from india).
i think could mug them.

a groupshot pic with the band..
got the world tour tshirt signed by the band.
got a band pic signed by all the members.

finally my JPM signed by the man himself...JOHN PETRUCCI !!! \m/

FUKK YEAH !!

one of the managers saw my JPM and said...play ernie ball. i told him they SUCK...and next thing i know i have petrucci standing behind
me..

had a little chat with every member....btw myung did'nt really have amazing memories of GIR jamming...

spoke with petrucci was his "new" sound and change of gear... it was fun..also i think he was having a little trouble in understanding my indian accent...heh. all in all, great fun !!

wait...
there is more...
I saw Symphony X and MAN !! michael romeo ROCKS in exponential order !! amazing band and pretty brilliant vocals too..

then came fear factory...
never heard them except for a random song or 2. they were pretty amazing as well. all in all a good show..

then came DT....and man i have no word to explain how it was...if gods played instruments..he would have been pretty close to DT. they kicked off with "as i am". next was..GLASS PRISON !!
by the end of the song..petrucci was shaking his hand to relieve the stess....
they played..panic attack, these walls (i think), peruvian skies, fatal tragedy, mirror and lie !!!..... in the name of god. they ended the show with a medley of pull me under and metropolis: miracle and the sleeper !!

MIND BLOWING SHOW !!! and guess what...james labrie was ****ing amazing too...

after coming back from backstage visit...it was raining cats and dogs and megadeth was playing !!
fireworks everywhere !! ****ing awesome...
they played skin o' my teeth, tornado of souls, system has failed, blackmail the universe, die enough, peace sells, hangar 18, angry again, sweating bullets and many many MORE !!
they closed the show with holy wars !!
what a day.... i think megadeth is pretty good without marty too....glenn glover is an amazing player!!!

pics coming soon...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
megadeth said:
one of the managers saw my JPM and said...play ernie ball. i told him they SUCK...and next thing i know i have petrucci standing behind
me..
:) That must have been really cool! You really are a true Ibanez fan aren't you? BTW DIdn't John say anything about your Ibanez?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@zero: yes indeed, i am a true ibanez fan. somehow he had a wierd smile on his face when he saw the guitar and I was ******* enuff to ask him.."remember these".

i told petrucci how sterile and digital his tone has become. (yeah i did!) but it was in a nice way. i told him "please do not be offended, but your tone has become TOO sterile atleast to my ears which are not THAT well trained IMHO. I mean you old tones were less gainy and those nice to hear sorts, eg LTE. so these new tones are like what? an experiment or something ?".
petrucci was like..."well yeah, i needed a more RAW and agressive sound and ofcourse there is always an experiment with sound and all. I decided to play with the sound in ToT as the album was intended to be very very dark and heavy.". i added.." yeah a little NU-ish too". :lol: i am not sure if this is the way to speak to ur idol.

i asked him why he stopped using triaxis when he was getting such kickass sound out if it....he said he wanted to simplify things for himself by using a head only. he said it with such a innocent sweet smile (non-*** observation).

i told him how much i loved his solo album and how much i am looking forward for next release if in the pipeline.
Not being a citizen of US, i will go back to india in a few years and honestly I think I would have cried seeing my favourite band right in front of my eyes. That was a golden moment for me and how much i wished to be trapped in it, forever..........

btw,
i was thinking of asking if he will ever return to Ibanez again, but then i think i'll ask him next time IF EVER there is. ;)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^
yeah...:lol:
coz DT guyz were like so soft spoken and nice, i felt kinda confident to put my point forward. but again i did tell him that it was my opinion and my ears are not so amazingly strong.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fettouhi said:
By the way how many people were there at the concert I keep reading everywhere thatt the Gigantour was a Giganflop?

Regards

André
when DT and megadeth played, IT WAS JAM PACKED !! not even a fart could get thru... :lol:

·
Registered
257 Posts
yeah my friend how is not the richest kid in the world....well he saved the money for ever to buy a john petrucci erni ball and then after that all he talked about was how he wanted to have it signed. well finally he got the chance to goto their show and he ended up going with his parents cause its their favorite band too. He got backstage passes and got his guitar signed and i think he was the happiest kid i'd ever seen. Congrats man!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.