Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was looking into buying a Goldo backbox for my new RG1570. I was wondering

If I install one on either the treble or bass side, will the imbalance in pressure actually cause an imbalance that will effect the knife edges?

The backbox pushes against the entire metal if the trem, so will it just be even throught the whole trem, or will it cause wear one the edges or somehow cause imbalance to the trem?

Thanks!

ǩẙℒミ

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
It's the same thing as a backstop at about 1/10th the price. Why not buy two and mount them the way a backstop would work? They're certainly cheap enough. Of course if you use more than three springs, that's not an option. In the case that you can only use one back box, mount it as close to center as you can. You should be fine..........

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I wanted to buy one because I like a fair amount of flutter on my trems. I realize you can set the strength of the counter pressure, but I figured two would take even more flutter.

That's kind of ridiculous as what one will do, two will do also so I'll be kissing away flutter no matter what. Stable trems require less flutter, for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts