Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet.
Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah

Nice idea, but wasn't the whole concept of the bad horsie that it was voiced exactly to Steve's liking?

Steve, this is getting out of control!! No more pedals!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Bad Horsie 2... the legend continues

well i dare say it was but if he is anything like me one wah isnt enought (althouhgt i do just use one at the moment)

Don't you in your everday wah-ing sometimes fancy a slighty different 'curve'

I imagine this is what has prompted the release (this and possibly user feedback)

·
Registered
170 Posts

Actually...I am really glad this pedal came out. I sold my old Vai wah shortly after I had it. I did like it...but my Crybaby GC95 (sp? the adjustable wah) got the tones I was really after and I wish that I could do that with the Vai one because it was so smooth to control and the auto on/off couldn't be beat. Now's a chance for me to venture back...

I betcha that was the largest part of the demand to make that an option.

By the way anyone else notice the 'slew' of old Bad Horsies go up for sale!!

joys of internet.

·
Registered
104 Posts

I find the original Bad Horsie to be my perfect wah pedal. Its a pretty thin wah effect, so its perfect for someone like me, whose playing is almost never characterized by wah usage. It is a well behaved pedal in the chain that functions as it is told without interfering with my other stuff.

I suspect this new pedal is to satisfy more hardcore users, to draw away tradition Vox, Crybaby users with a pedal that is capable of acheiving those tones, as well as the Snarling Dogs crowd...this pedal looks similar in feature set.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I wonder if it will be able to draw Mr. Vai away from that Crybaby he has on his pedal board :biggrin:

·
Registered
146 Posts

I'm going to stear clear of this one....the Vai/Endorsement thing is starting to get silly. I'm sure it's a great wah pedal and everything, but I'm just all set. This kind of irks me...it's too bad to see Vai's name smacked all over simple products that you know his name is on strictly to sell it.

I'm probably the biggest Vai fan you'll ever meet, (seriously...it's disgusting..), half my gear has his name on it somewhere! (JEM, Legacy, Bad Horsie...) But even when the Little Alligator came out...come on...it's the regular Morely PVO with some green lettering and what? Vai's name.

It wouldn't surprise me if Morely threw this one out just because of that Crybaby on his pedalboard. Is it that hard to produce something like this? No. Some simple silk-screen printing changes and it's done. Now he can stick both his wah pedals, and his volume pedal on, and give Morely some serious business. For some reason I see it as a bigger business move for themselves than Steve. Anyone watching sales of Vai endorsed products can see that they really don't do badly. At least he actually uses the products he endorses though....

My friend's music store just got the new Tech 21 Killer Wail in, and I heard it ROCKS. I'll give it a whirl this weekend and give a review....it could be soon replacing the Bad Horsie. (Actually, I had him order it in his opening order with Tech 21 specifically so I can give up the Bad Horsie)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

Andy, looking forward to a review on the Tech 21...*looks* way cool...wondering if it sounds the same.
Greg

·
Registered
366 Posts

I got an DOD FX 17 (discontinued) that i have for about 5 years and this pedal have contour set and no pots to waste. A great big wah sound, and i can tell that i paid so much under this value = $209,00
Still have a volume function, but you got to press a switch

(Edited by LGMT at 8:29 am on Oct. 5, 2001)

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts

Going back to the original topic, the MARKETPLACE is as much to blame as the endorser (in this case Vai). Apparently sales of unendorsed products are very low in relation to the endorsed product (Little Aligator vol pedal for example).

If people are TOO IGNORANT to buy un-endorsed products then you cannot fault Morley, Vai, Fender, Ibanez, etc for pushing them into retail... glen

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

I REALLY like the idea of the contouring and stuff.....but 200 freakin dollers? give me a break......I bought my 535Q for like $110 at guitar center.......no way I'm spending that kind of cash on a wah pedal....don't care if Vai uses it or it's switchless.....just TOO much money...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The 535Q lists for $199.95. You can expect a similiar street price on the BH2 as you paid for your Dunlop.

So when does the TC Electronic Vai-Force come out? I think that's the only peice of gear he doesn't have a signature model for. I LOVE Steve's music and his general outlook on life (that I've gathered from reading magazines, it's not like I know him) but I have to reitterate, good for sales or not, this is out of hand. Steve could say no when morely wants to pimp his name couldn't he?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Selling price: $130 which is the same price they usually sell the 535Q for (it's on sale for $110 right now).

·
Registered
376 Posts

that Tech 21 killer wail wah does look good but i wonder where the switch will be to select the different modes ? i hope it is in an accessable place.......

The new Morley PBA-2 two mode wah looks good as well but i have a switchless wah (the morley one before the bad horsie) and i am looking for something that i can leave in one position (althought i will try the PBA-2)

On my shortlist of non switchless wah's i have :
The Vox
The Tech21
The Crybaby 535Q

Hopefully the Tech21 will be available in england in the next year ! so i can try em out side by side

·
Registered
450 Posts

Cool Idea but I would not pay money for it unless it was $100 better than the Bad Horsie wah. I can't imagine that it is. I also wonder how much he will actully use it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

anyone ever tried a tube wah???

they are hard to get, you usually have to get em
custom made. I have a craving for one at the moment

Steve

·
Registered
5,659 Posts

This BH2 is a great Idea!!! Will be nice to have the Original and the BH2, because they will sound different. I have designs for the BH3 on the Board, Just a Matter of Time till the ultimate Wah Shows up. :)

Wouldn't it be great to have 3 DNA swirls, one for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. And the BH1, BH2 and BH3 to go with them. Sounds fun and very exciting to me.

·
Registered
332 Posts

I think the new contour BH feature is a good idea. It's about time they caught on.

BTW, the Teese RMC3 is a REALLY nice sounding wah. At $249 street price, it is a bit pricey though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts