Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, my girlfriend and I were passing through Richmond, Va. on our way back home for the holidays. We noticed a Sam Ash billboard and decided to swing through town to see what they had in stock. What a truely scary place. They had some very high end guitars that were just trashed, including a BMRM.

It was so beat, the mirror was starting to seperate from the body ever so slightly at the grip. It was covered in thousands of tiny scratches, like whan a cat walks on your car, not to mention coated in finger prints. The locking nuts, frets and trem had a good coat of surface rust on them. The tremelo cavity was also scared up, but from what I couldn't tell. Unbelieveable.

It was really a sad sight as they also had the UV777BK and a couple of Gibsons in similar condition.

It was interesting to see that the BMRM held up fairly well to the thousands that must have pawed it, but it was still extremely undesirable in its present condition.

Funniest of all is that they were still asking $2400.00 for it. Either they have no idea of how to handle these things or they only deal in blemished gear (at full retail), as there were quite a few trashed (IMO) high end guitars there.

Anyways that was my nightmare after Thanksgiving!
Major Tom

·
Registered
764 Posts
What a shame .... poor horsie.... someone should resue her!!

They must have treated her pretty rough!! Unfortunately it is the kind of guitar that some kids go into a store and say.... "let's scratch this and see what happens!!"

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
As a former employee of Sam Ash, I know it is their policy to make every instrument available for everyone to try and touch.
(instead of having to ask some holy than though salesman if you can play one)
I have seen some $5000 Gibson's dropped to the floor.(Ouch!)
If you point the blemishs out to the salesman, they will work out a deal with management to get the price reduced, or it may be they have others in stock still in the box (though doubtful on high end guitars)

Sad to see all the same.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually they are weird with their deals. I was going to buy an Ibanez RG2550 (they had one that was still sealed in the factory box) from them but the sales guy said they wouldn't finance it unless I paid full retail for it.......lame. I much prefer Guitar Center they will give you good deals and good financing (12 months no interest)

That was my first visit to one of their stores. I'm heading to Manhatten in Dec for a little R & R and shopping. I hope the one there is much better.

MT

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Back in my home town thay always have the high end Gibson's etc. out of reach if you want to try it you have to buy it is their policy. I remember seeing a Les Paul Standard there for +3000$ :lol:.

Regards

André

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Major Tom said:
Yesterday, my girlfriend and I were passing through Richmond, Va. on our way back home for the holidays. We noticed a Sam Ash billboard and decided to swing through town to see what they had in stock. What a truely scary place. They had some very high end guitars that were just trashed, including a BMRM.

It was so beat, the mirror was starting to seperate from the body ever so slightly at the grip. It was covered in thousands of tiny scratches, like whan a cat walks on your car, not to mention coated in finger prints. The locking nuts, frets and trem had a good coat of surface rust on them. The tremelo cavity was also scared up, but from what I couldn't tell. Unbelieveable.

It was really a sad sight as they also had the UV777BK and a couple of Gibsons in similar condition.

It was interesting to see that the BMRM held up fairly well to the thousands that must have pawed it, but it was still extremely undesirable in its present condition.

Funniest of all is that they were still asking $2400.00 for it. Either they have no idea of how to handle these things or they only deal in blemished gear (at full retail), as there were quite a few trashed (IMO) high end guitars there.

Anyways that was my nightmare after Thanksgiving!
Major Tom
I used to live in Richmond, and that is one of the worst music stores I've ever been in. I wish you could have gone to Richmond Music Center. It's a little mom and pop store but they have fender custom shops, tom andersons, killer Paul Reed Smiths, and you wouldn't have had to waste your time with that disgrace of a place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.