Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ibanez released recently a new JEM called "Bad Horsie". This guitar has all the features of the other models in the JEM/UV range, such as the usual monkey grip handle, Edge Pro locking tremolo bridge with a scooped "lion's claw" tremolo cavity, DiMarzio HSH pickups, 5-way switching, solid American Basswood and Alder bodies, 24-fret scalloped 5-piece maple/walnut necks with rosewood, maple or ebony fretboards and gorgeous inlaid markers (screws, dots, tree of life and pyramids), but it's finished in a striking rock mirror finish. This Bad Horsie JEM has a very elegant appearance. How do you think about the idea to release a 7-string Bad Horsie Universe? Seven-stringers will appreciate the striking looks of the JEM77B RMR as well as the incredible humbucker crunch and crystal-like single-coil sweetness of the Breed HSH pickups. Many people liked to see a UV777B RMR loaded with a trio of DiMarzio Blaze IIs and equipped with an Edge Pro 7 locking tremolo bridge.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I think they should do the old school bad horsie as a UV. You know, the natural finished one, with a white pyramid inlay, black pickguard, white pickups and knobs. Yes, that would be nice....

....Oh and a reversed headstock too :wink:

Just off the top of my head :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I think Ibanez SHOULD descontinue the Universe. There really isn't much of a point to it anymore and it would probably allow them to focus on a wider variety of quality RG7's.

:)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Just my 2 cents, I doubt Ibanez will discontinue it's flagship 7 in the UV, ok so theres J-C 7's but not marketed worldwide, Ibanez are not stupid, and while the UV is still selling it's remain in production, I am sure many will know possible numbers of sales, i suspect they still shift a few, if discontinuation was likely, i'd expect a new "sig" 7 to replace it, Dino or Korn spring to mind

Rob

p.s. argue amongst yourselves :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would have though that the discontinuation of the UV would be down to Steve Vai rather than Ibanez. Surely it would be his prerogative to stop production of his own signature guitar?

If it's his decision, leave him to it. I can't understand why people bicker on about what Vai should do to JEMs and UVs, they're his own guitars, he doesn't make them for the customers, he makes them for himself.

/rant over - though if it's not Steve Vai's decision to stop the UV, that last paragraph will look a bit stupid :eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.