Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've been reading that the EDGE PRO III can put tension on the bar.... my problem is that i like it really loose like Vai but it keeps coming out to easily (It dosen't have washers) so whenever the gutiar is face on a angle or upside-down the bar jsut slips out, its REALLY annoying.

So can anybody give me a link to a site that shows you how to do it, or just tell me, thanks.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
i think you got the wrong bar then, as far as i am aware all ibanez trems "pop" in and stay in until you "pop" it out. It should have the washers, unless the edge 3 is just different .

i would go to the shop you got it from and find an ibanez bar that has the washers and try to put it in you guitar to see if they didn't just give you the wrong one.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya the EDGE PRO III don't have the washers, i may jsut get a new abr, there only like 5 bucks.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
jra2217 said:
i think you got the wrong bar then, as far as i am aware all ibanez trems "pop" in and stay in until you "pop" it out. It should have the washers, unless the edge 3 is just different .

i would go to the shop you got it from and find an ibanez bar that has the washers and try to put it in you guitar to see if they didn't just give you the wrong one.
edgeproII and edgeIII do not have bushings on the bar.

they are both adjustable for tension via a small allen screw at the rear of the trem.

close up view of rear of edgeIII:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v482/damiengalt/for_sale/?action=view&current=edgeIII_4.jpg

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
darn, so I have to take the bar half out/completely out...guesss I'll just wait until a string breaks....

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
you can make the adjustment with the arm attached by holding the bridge extremely forward (a la divebombing) with one hand, and tightening the allen screw with the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts